Law School Discussion

applying twice

applying twice
« on: September 07, 2004, 11:04:37 AM »
So I was dumb and waited too long to register for the October LSAT, now I have to wait till December. Though I hadn't really planned on starting law school until fall of '06, I was halfway thinking about sending out a few apps this year, just so that if next fall rolled around and I was really at a loss for anything to do, I could enroll a year early. I know that applying in December will hurt my chances somewhat, and combined with the fact that my apps this year were going to be sort of halfassed anyway (haven't had time to request good recs, work on PS, etc), chances are I'd be rejected at some places I'd be accepted to if I waited a year. Does anyone know if being rejected once by a law school affects your chances for admission during later cycles? I don't want to do anything to screw up my chances for '06 by sending in subpar apps a year early.

jacy85

• View Profile
Re: applying twice
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 12:00:00 PM »
Many schools ask if you have previously applied to their law school, and what the decision was.  One would think that, each app cycle being a new and seperate entity, it wouldn't matter.  Whether it does or not in reality, I don't think anyone can say for sure.