Law School Discussion

Whoa - law schools are WAKING UP!

Miles Massey

• You fascinate me.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Whoa - law schools are WAKING UP!
« on: January 18, 2007, 01:29:04 PM »
So I don't know if this was just happening to me, but I got complete notices from 5 schools today plus my first acceptance. This is after about 3 weeks of NOTHING - from anyone! It just seemed to come in a deluge today. I don't think I have room left in my inbox!

Is anyone else getting a similar response today? Does Thursday the 18th of January have significance to schools to say - "gee, we've been lazy...let's start letting people know that we actually came back from vacation!"

Any thoughts???

Vick

• View Profile
Re: Whoa - law schools are WAKING UP!
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 01:36:43 PM »
I've had a steady trickle of email and mail.  It's been nice and all, but I want more.

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 01:41:40 PM »
congrats on cornell.

Captain

• View Profile
    • http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/5526/thumbid5.jpg
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 01:59:37 PM »
well, if my one acceptance yesterday counts...

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 02:07:08 PM »
I completely agree with you.  In the beginning of this week I got accepted to Michigan, and today I got accepted to Northwestern and Cornell.  I did not hear from these schools for more than a month, and all of a suddent all of them responded.  Vacation is over, we are going to get a lot of decisions soon.    :) :) :)

bamf

• legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 02:43:29 PM »
well we all kinda knew that january would be slow until the end of the month ... wait a week or two and then see how crazy things get.
(and hey congrats on that quick cornell turn around!)

Boss

• You've gotta be cruel to be kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 02:46:34 PM »
So I don't know if this was just happening to me, but I got complete notices from 5 schools today plus my first acceptance. This is after about 3 weeks of NOTHING - from anyone! It just seemed to come in a deluge today. I don't think I have room left in my inbox!

Is anyone else getting a similar response today? Does Thursday the 18th of January have significance to schools to say - "gee, we've been lazy...let's start letting people know that we actually came back from vacation!"

Any thoughts???

I hate you.  I'm going back to the "unaccepted" and "will you complete me?" threads. 

Miles Massey

• You fascinate me.
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 02:53:51 PM »
Hey thanks for the all the congrats - yeah I'm pretty stoked to even hear anything from a school let alone an acceptance.

To everyone else who hasn't heard anything - sorry if I've offended, but until this morning, I was in the same boat! But I think Bamf is right, all hell will break loose soon into February.

wolfpack2

• I should be reading cases....
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 07:14:45 PM »
Hey thanks for the all the congrats - yeah I'm pretty stoked to even hear anything from a school let alone an acceptance.

To everyone else who hasn't heard anything - sorry if I've offended, but until this morning, I was in the same boat! But I think Bamf is right, all hell will break loose soon into February.

I sure hope so!!!

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 07:15:23 PM »

Any thoughts???

Crazy!  Maybe you should jump up and down and make monkey noises!