Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Schools that have only sent out Acceptance  (Read 1617 times)

Futballer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Schools that have only sent out Acceptance
« on: January 18, 2007, 01:04:36 PM »
I have found on LSN that schools like Villanova and Penn State have yet to send out rejections. I find that somewhat odd, what are the reasons for doing this? It is kind of discouraging for people like me who have yet to hear from either school yet. :(
Ave Maria class of 2011
The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.

Futballer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Schools that have only sent out Acceptance
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 02:53:16 PM »
eh? ???
Ave Maria class of 2011
The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.

Demigoddess

• Sr. Citizen
  • Legal Posh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 03:01:22 PM »
Yeah, I'm also confused myself.  :-\

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you sound like you want to be rejected...

But I do know the reason for doing what they are doing - it's called filling up their classes. Once they have no room, they will waitlist/reject applicants... it's not a tough concept - just their way of doing things, I guess.
"Bend & SNAP!" (Attending) = Loyola-LA
"What? Like it's hard?" (Accepted) = UMiami,U of San Diego,SMU-Dedman,Santa Clara U,Suffolk, SLU,Loyola-Chicago,Loyola-LA
"Apparently you get a really bad rash on your..."(R)=
"She's not completely unfortunate looking" (WL) = American U,USF

Boss

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've gotta be cruel to be kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 03:06:07 PM »
Consider this...

A girl gets asked to the prom by guy.  He's only ok.  They get along just fine, but he's not the most popular boy in school, nor is the girl really attracted to him.  But, since they're moderately friendly, she doesn't out right reject him even though she's holding out for the captain of the football team.  She gives him a vague, "I guess, but I'm not really even sure if I'm into this prom thing.  Can I get back to you later?"  As prom gets closer, if the football player doesn't ask her out, her original guy is looking better and better, and might not even agree to go with him until the week of the prom.

Same thing right now at a lot of law schools.  People applied with ok stats, but the school is holding out to see if any 175/4.0 Nobel prize winners are still going to apply and bump up their medians.  If those 175's don't apply, then the school has to admit lower numbers to keep their class full.  And with the number of appliations lower this year than last year, they're holding out longer on rejecting borderline people to see if they get more applications or not.

Or I'm just making this all up, but it does sound legit.
It's been brought to my attention that boss is my favorite poster  :-*

Futballer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 10:16:28 PM »
Of course I don't want to be rejected. It is just making me worry that I haven't heard anything yet. I guess no news is good news tho. I just wish I was one of those accepted already.  :-\
Ave Maria class of 2011

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 10:44:48 PM »
Consider this...

A girl gets asked to the prom by guy.  He's only ok.  They get along just fine, but he's not the most popular boy in school, nor is the girl really attracted to him.  But, since they're moderately friendly, she doesn't out right reject him even though she's holding out for the captain of the football team.  She gives him a vague, "I guess, but I'm not really even sure if I'm into this prom thing.  Can I get back to you later?"  As prom gets closer, if the football player doesn't ask her out, her original guy is looking better and better, and might not even agree to go with him until the week of the prom.

What a fuking b1tch.
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</

Boss

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've gotta be cruel to be kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 07:25:19 AM »
Consider this...

A girl gets asked to the prom by guy.  He's only ok.  They get along just fine, but he's not the most popular boy in school, nor is the girl really attracted to him.  But, since they're moderately friendly, she doesn't out right reject him even though she's holding out for the captain of the football team.  She gives him a vague, "I guess, but I'm not really even sure if I'm into this prom thing.  Can I get back to you later?"  As prom gets closer, if the football player doesn't ask her out, her original guy is looking better and better, and might not even agree to go with him until the week of the prom.

What a fuking b1tch.

So I take it you were the nerdy guy, not the football captain.  Wait...of course that's the truth.  You're EE.  :P
It's been brought to my attention that boss is my favorite poster  :-*

Ali

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 08:38:37 AM »
Isn't that what "rolling" admissions means? You periodically review you apps and send out to the top. You hold off on the maybes and nos as long as you can.

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 12:57:34 PM »
Consider this...

What a fuking b1tch.

So I take it you were the nerdy guy, not the football captain.  Wait...of course that's the truth.  You're EE.  :P

Nah, I was too nerdy to even ask anyone out. :) .......... :(
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</

Futballer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 01:29:11 PM »
It was my understanding that "rolling addmissions" means that they review your file as soon as it becomes complete > make a decision > send out letter. I dunnno about the whole "hold out on the no's" as long as possible.
Ave Maria class of 2011