Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: One Month Later!  (Read 487 times)

Considering_Law

• View Profile
    • One Woman's Quest
    • Email
One Month Later!
« on: January 17, 2007, 09:20:30 PM »
I submitted my application online through LSAC to Seton Hall on 12/19 a paper copy was sent 12/22.  Why did I just get a letter today dated 1/12/07 that they received my application and will be requesting my LSAC report.  Eventhough according to LSAC they requested it a loooong time ago.  What the heck? :-\

iscoredawaitlist

• Sr. Citizen
  • The beagle puppy of anticipation
    • View Profile
Re: One Month Later!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 09:31:56 PM »
I submitted my application online through LSAC to Seton Hall on 12/19 a paper copy was sent 12/22.  Why did I just get a letter today dated 1/12/07 that they received my application and will be requesting my LSAC report.  Eventhough according to LSAC they requested it a loooong time ago.  What the heck? :-\

this is pretty normal for law schools. Don't expect them to be really prompt with everything. There are schools that i've never even gotten a complete notice from who requested my stuff months ago

wolfpack2

• Sr. Citizen
  • I should be reading cases....
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 09:35:16 PM »

Or they were on vacation all of break.  I know St. Thomas was off all of break. I called all my schools I hadn't heard from yesterday and when I called them, the nice girl in admissions told me it would be 4-6 weeks, but prob more like 6 because they are so backlogged for not working all of break.  Thanks a lot adcomms. Seriously. LOL So yea, that may be why.

LuvHurtz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 10:44:53 PM »
I agree it may have been the break. But you also have to remember that this time of year schools are bogged down with apps so don't expect as quick of a response as you would had you applied in Sept/Oct. But some schools are just REALLY slow.

BYOB

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 11:44:23 PM »

it's called "Christmas", google it