Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Need Access: household size on parents' form?  (Read 199 times)

Electric Counterpoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • Harvard 2010
    • View Profile
    • Email
Need Access: household size on parents' form?
« on: January 16, 2007, 09:31:14 PM »
How did you all handle these questions?

32s. Number of Family Members
Enter the number of people that the parents will support between July 1, 2007, and June 30, 2008. Include AT LEAST the following (always INCLUDE the student applicant, even if the student applicant does not live with the parents): 3 = 2 parents (married) + student applicant 2 = 1 parent (single/divorced/sep/widowed) + student applicant Include other people only if they now live with and get more than half their support from the parents, and will continue to get this support between July 1, 2007, and June 30, 2008. Support includes money, gifts, loans, housing, food, clothes, vehicle, medical and dental care, payment of college costs, etc. If the student is completing this section for the parents, be sure not to include any dependents of the student. This question is for dependents of the parents only.

32t. Number in College
Enter the number of people in the parents' household, INCLUDING the STUDENT APPLICANT, who will be attending college, graduate/professional school, or other school beyond the high school level between July 1, 2007, and June 30, 2008. INCLUDE the STUDENT APPLICANT. Include other students if they are enrolled at least half time for at least one term. Include only students who are working toward a degree or certificate leading to a recognized education credential at a college that is eligible to participate in any of the federal student aid programs.

I put down just my two parents for the first one, and zero (they're not in college) for the second. To me, it looks like this set of questions is geared towards undergrads, but I'm not sure. I'm not going to be supported by them, but then again it does say "always include at least the student." Short of answering with a Zen mu, I'm not sure what the right answer is!
Former mostly-anonymous admissions cycle blogger. Current law student.

Electric Counterpoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • Harvard 2010
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Need Access: household size on parents' form?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 09:46:08 PM »
Oh, jeez, parsing error on my part! I thought that last sentence applied to the previous sentence (that is, "only count dependents of the parents in the household size," not "only fill this out if the student is a dependent."

Well, that was easy.

BTW, I'd still grit my teeth and fill it out if you can. As far as I can tell, some people are already sending theirs in, and money is given out first come, first served.
Former mostly-anonymous admissions cycle blogger. Current law student.