;

Poll

Are You Going to the One in March?

Yes, definitely!
Probably yes
Probably not
Definitely not
Totally undecided

Author Topic: Georgetown Admitted Students Weekend--March 22-23!  (Read 8829 times)

klaymontra

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Georgetown Admitted Students Weekend!
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2007, 04:17:12 PM »
Orangie --- sorry sorry but 230/3 doesnt work for me - planning on listening to what I am sure will be an invigorating Torts lecture until 320.... but I am happy to meet up with you at 330 :) 

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2007, 05:17:52 PM »
There's an UNO's in Union Station in addition to numerous other spots, an Irish Pub right between the law center and Union Station and there's also a convenient spot for lunch right next door to the starbucks (can't recall the name right now). I think the latter would be ideal if you're trying to attend a class afterward.

klaymontra

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2007, 05:20:08 PM »
My vote is to meet at Starbucks and take it from there, but I am totally open to suggestions.... :)

Death by Chocolate

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2007, 05:44:11 PM »
Death By Chocolate, those are great links!  Thanks!

Lili, Starbucks sounds like a good idea as long as there is an exact address to avoid confusion.  Looks like there are few people wanting to meeting at noon and then going to a class :)   I don't think I'll be able to meet earlier than 2-3 pm :-\  Is anyone else in the same boat?  But it's not a big deal if I am the only one, and as I said before, I'll gladly join you later for the reception if you all meet around noon.

No prob!

i'm actually not sure when i'll be heading out to GULC. i have classes that end at 1 and i'm not sure if i want to skip it (i'll be skipping so many this semester). so i might not make the 12 either.

DauntlessDR

• AOL Instant Messenger - DauntlessDR
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2007, 12:41:49 PM »
I have senior seminar on Thursday and am driving up that evening from Richmond. You lunch people might consider Capitol City Brewing Company, though: they have a location between Union and GULC. http://www.capcitybrew.com/

Is anyone who is going to the GULC Admitted Weekend thinking of looking at GW while in town? I'm planning on strolling over on my way out of town on Friday.

zephyr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2007, 01:38:05 PM »
I was thinking about swinging by GW. I have a feeling that the place will be pretty much cleared out by Friday afternoon, though.
Jim McAllister: Larry, we're not electing the f-ing Pope here. Just tell me who won. -Election

Ted Buckland, ESQ

• Sr. Citizen
  • Leverage??... Torts??...Ruth Bader who???
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2007, 02:19:42 PM »
I'm planning on taking the train over to GW on Friday after breakfast at GULC.

klaymontra

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2007, 04:12:05 PM »
ya - I am leaning towards Buffalo Billiards..... anyone have advice on what dresscode is?  jeans? black pants?

klaymontra

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2007, 04:19:44 PM »
Oh goody - I dont like getting dressed, especially when I'm on a plane for a few hours....

zephyr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2007, 09:33:34 PM »
but sucking at pool is part of the fun! no one want to play someone who's really good. anyway, i'm planning on just being herded around too. since i don't know how long it's going to take me to get my luggage and stuff off the plane, i'm just going to try to sit on on the 1:55 class and take it from there. i'll meet up with you guys at check-in maybe?
Jim McAllister: Larry, we're not electing the f-ing Pope here. Just tell me who won. -Election