;

Poll

Are You Going to the One in March?

Yes, definitely!
Probably yes
Probably not
Definitely not
Totally undecided

Author Topic: Georgetown Admitted Students Weekend--March 22-23!  (Read 8723 times)

klaymontra

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Georgetown Admitted Students Weekend!
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2007, 07:55:17 PM »
I'm going to attend the ASW for gtown and would love to meet for lunch...

Oddibemcd

• Sr. Citizen
  • Take that Rocket
    • View Profile
    • Law School Numbers
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2007, 10:06:30 PM »
Is anyone able and willing to give a little report back? I can't get away from work and am curious if it would be worth trying to make the trip in March. If it's just an architectual tour, I'd pass, but if there people here get somethin out of visiting, I'd be interested in hearing impressions.
Attending: Cornell
In: Cornell, G-Town, W&M(w), FSU(w), U of Cincinnati(w), Santa Clara(w)
Held: Northwestern(w)
Waitlisted: Cardozo(w), Michigan(w), Penn
Out: Chicago, Yale, NYU, Columbia

171/3.4

rtqw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Jim Tressel drinks wine coolers
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2007, 01:14:54 AM »
I think I'm going in early so I can sit in on one of the morning classes, but I'd probably be available for lunch after that.
University of Michigan Law School, Class of 2010
LSN

zephyr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2007, 09:48:41 AM »
Sounds interesting :) Although, I will really need to eat before the whole welcome thing (the dinner isn't untill 5 or 6 pm, is it?) because I tend to be grumpy and unfriendly when I am hungry, and I don't want to ruin the first impression on fellow admitted students :D After all, we may end up as classmates!

So, does anyone else still want to get together for lunch?

I'm down for lunch still even if Zephyr's gonna be all lame and academic on us. 

Look, I wouldn't have made it this far without a little nerdiness in me.

I definitely would like to meet up for lunch, but this class looks like it's the only one that will fit into my schedule. I can't make the Thursday morning classes and don't want to miss the Friday AM stuff.

And the class isn't till 1:55, so we might have a chance to grab a quick bite before it starts.
Jim McAllister: Larry, we're not electing the f-ing Pope here. Just tell me who won. -Election

Death by Chocolate

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2007, 12:32:27 PM »
hey guys, i'll also be going to ASW next week. i go to gtown undergrad so i know the area fairly well. where/when are you guys meeting for lunch? i would love to go if i can make it. btw, the law center is on red line between judicial square and union station. it would be much easier to get there if you were coming by train or through reagan national airport.

and of course, if you have any other questions, ask away.

klaymontra

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2007, 01:04:18 PM »
Lunch at 12ish works for me b/c I am also planning on sitting in on a class or two... I dont know the area well enough to suggest a place to eat tho....

Death by Chocolate

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2007, 01:15:14 PM »
sort of have a clue. as someone mentionned earlier, it takes like 40 minutes to get to law center from gtown so i don't really venture into that part too often. it's kind of a pain to leave/get to gtown with the lack of metro stop but you should all be able to take the georgetown bus if you can fit into its schedule http://otm.georgetown.edu/guts/index.cfm?fuse=law

union station is a pretty good place to meet though. it's a train station so there are a lot of stores and restaurants, from super fancy (B. Smith is SO good and SO expensive) to food courts. anyways, the metro, if i recall correctly, is right under this huge mall filled with stores, restaurants.

this is a decent map of how to get from metro to GULC: http://www.stationmasters.com/System_Map/UNIONSTA/unionsta.html

and the metro site www.wmata.com

So most of you are not listening in on those early afternoon classes? do you think it would be that helpful? if i go, it would be mainly to see if i can REALLY can survive law classes.

klaymontra

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2007, 01:39:46 PM »
My friend told me that there is a Starbucks .1 miles or so from the law center if anyone wants to meet there - it might be easier than trying to meet in union station which will probably be crazy crowded at lunch time on a thursday..... that, an i could always use a coffee fix....  :)

justGem

• Sr. Citizen
  • Let them eat cake!
    • View Profile
    • when i need a laugh
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2007, 04:03:31 PM »
The starbucks is on the corner of New Jersey and K street.  If coming from the law center, exit on the NJ ave entrance and go right then cross at the end of the block and you can't miss it.

HTH

klaymontra

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2007, 04:10:27 PM »
Exactly --- its 500 New Jersey Avenue and GULC is 600 New Jersey Avenue, so it should be easy for all of us to find..... I say we meet at 12, get a bite to eat, then head over to class.....