;

Poll

Are You Going to the One in March?

Yes, definitely!
Probably yes
Probably not
Definitely not
Totally undecided

Author Topic: Georgetown Admitted Students Weekend--March 22-23!  (Read 8845 times)

Lily Jaye

• Sr. Citizen
  • A Schizophrenic Veronica
    • View Profile
Re: Georgetown Admitted Students Weekend!
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 07:16:04 PM »
Maybe you could stay with Lily ;D

I'm a minimalist, so I don't have any furniture. :-[ 

They're trying to find students for everyone to crash with.
Random 2L who does not spend nearly as much time here as she should.

zephyr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 08:17:18 AM »
I'm planning on attending all the events too, boring or not. I think we'll still have time to check out the scene down there.

We've got to do better than some funky wink. If there are two redheads, there's no way I'm giving either of them a wink or funny handshake. I'm worried I'll get the wrong one (or the right one, for that matter) and embarass myself.

How are you all getting down there? I'm flying into Reagan from Boston.
Jim McAllister: Larry, we're not electing the f-ing Pope here. Just tell me who won. -Election

rosey

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 01:06:22 PM »
I'm driving up to DC from Chapel Hill after work Thursday - will get there late Th night. I was looking for a hotel (since I think it would be quite rude to just show up at a student's doorstep). On the last page of the mailed invite, it lists Holiday Inn on the Hill as having a special $139 rate, but I've tried calling several times (and have talked to several diff people there) and they can't figure out what 'code' to find this rate under. They asked if I knew the name of anybody else going the same weekend who was successful in getting the rate - are there any of you out there?
Penn Law 2010!

rosey

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 01:20:42 PM »

Didn't you get an updated email saying that the rate is no longer valid?  Also, check out Red Roof Inn.  They might still have 114.99 single occupancy rooms for Thu-Fri night.  They also add 20% some sort of fee when you check in, but it's still $138 total.

http://www.redroof.com/reservations/YourPlaceToStay.asp?state=DC&VID=&NOA=&aYr=&aMo=&aDa=&dYr=&dMo=&dDa=&CP=&redi=&TA=

Boo - no, I didn't get that e-mail. Thanks for your help, though. I'll check out the red roof:)
Penn Law 2010!

zephyr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 04:36:24 PM »
Ok, so if you're going to be at the ASW next week and you would like to meet up with some LSDers, you can send a pm with your contact info to me or zephyr  :)

P.S. Zephyr, I hope you don't mind.

I'm down.

Am I the only person who's planning on staying w/ a student?
Jim McAllister: Larry, we're not electing the f-ing Pope here. Just tell me who won. -Election

Ted Buckland, ESQ

• Sr. Citizen
  • Leverage??... Torts??...Ruth Bader who???
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 04:47:06 PM »
I said I wanted to stay with a student when I RSVPed but I might reconsider and just book a room at Red Roof, especially since GT hasn't gotten back to me about that yet.

zephyr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 06:41:19 PM »
My flight's in around noontime, but I'd be down for scoping out the area. I don't think it's far from the Capitol and stuff.

zephyr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2007, 07:19:15 PM »
I went to DC over the summer and stayed at the Georgetown campus. It is not close to the  Law Center at all from what I remember. The snobs in the Georgetown wouldn't allow a Metro station anywhere near their neighborhood, so you have to take a shuttle bus to get up there. I remember it was a female dog of a time getting to and from downtown.

And no, I don't mind you making plans on my behalf. I'll be in the same boat as you guys that afternoon.

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2007, 09:46:36 AM »
Silly question:  Has anyone replied to Dean Cornblatt's emails?  If so, have you addressed him as Andy or Dean Cornblatt?  In business, we're told to address someone the way they sign, and his latest email was signed Andy.  At the same time, I don't wanna piss him off.

Hi Moni,

It's funny that you asked that.  I would definately go with Dean Cornblatt. I overheard a conversation b/w 2 Assoc. Deans this past week mentioning that as one of their pet peeves....when students refer to them by thier first names.  :D

Don't forget to PM when you come thru in March.

Thanks!
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

zephyr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2007, 05:48:50 PM »
Anyone thinking about checking out one of those classes? With some time to kill before check-in, I might observe Bargain, Exchange & Liability* - Professor Peller 1:55pm 3:20pm Room 203.