;

Poll

Are You Going to the One in March?

Yes, definitely!
Probably yes
Probably not
Definitely not
Totally undecided

Author Topic: Georgetown Admitted Students Weekend--March 22-23!  (Read 8521 times)

orangie

• Sr. Citizen
  • GULC '10
    • View Profile
Georgetown Admitted Students Weekend--March 22-23!
« on: January 16, 2007, 06:19:31 PM »
In this thread, we talk about the GULC admitted students weekend!

I know we've discussed it in the Accepted to Georgetown thread, but I thought maybe it would be a good idea to have a separate one.  And we can discuss both weekends (Jan and March).

So, are you going?  Are you going to be there for both Thursday and Friday? And if DC natives have anything interesting to say, feel free to share :)

ferbear

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Georgetown Admitted Students Weekend!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 11:30:05 AM »
Word.

I'll be there. I finally got an e-mail about my RSVP a couple of days ago saying they would get back to me with contact info for my host soon. I'm pretty amped--Gtown is in a tie for my #1 choice right now, so it should be a good time.

-J
'10

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 11:36:46 AM »
I'm going to the second one.  Anyone else?  Where are you staying?  And do they reimburse travel?
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 11:55:12 AM »
I don't think they reimburse travel (at least there is no mention of them doing so), but they do offer to place you with a current student overnight.  The cheapest hotel in the vicinity for the January ASW is Red Roof Inn(http://www.redroof.com/rr/select-stay.do). However, I noticed that the prices for rooms as well as airplane tickets tend to be higher in March.

:(  Hopefully I can find some cool lsders to room with when the time comes.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

rtqw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Jim Tressel drinks wine coolers
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 01:09:01 PM »
Yep, I got off from work on Thursday, so I'll be there next week. Hope to see some of you there!

I didn't get anything but an automated email back, but I just got an email from Dean Cornblatt saying that more info would be coming soon.
University of Michigan Law School, Class of 2010
LSN

zephyr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 02:06:32 PM »
I'll be there next week. I opted to room with a student, but I haven't heard about that yet.

I'd be down for meeting up with some of you. Anyone going to the bar/pool hall social? Maybe we should go with some self 'tars so we don't have to awkwardly ask someone what their name is on LSD. I think that would almost be as lame as when people mention Facebook in conversation.
Jim McAllister: Larry, we're not electing the f-ing Pope here. Just tell me who won. -Election

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 02:11:06 PM »
Silly question:  Has anyone replied to Dean Cornblatt's emails?  If so, have you addressed him as Andy or Dean Cornblatt?  In business, we're told to address someone the way they sign, and his latest email was signed Andy.  At the same time, I don't wanna piss him off.

lsn

zephyr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 02:12:21 PM »
No, I don't think it's definite. I was under the impression that we had some options...like ice cream for the teetotalers and the bar for the boozers.

Red hair...ok. I'll ask each redhead if she goes by Orangie. I'm sure I'll make lots of friends.
Jim McAllister: Larry, we're not electing the f-ing Pope here. Just tell me who won. -Election

zephyr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 02:13:19 PM »
Silly question:  Has anyone replied to Dean Cornblatt's emails?  If so, have you addressed him as Andy or Dean Cornblatt?  In business, we're told to address someone the way they sign, and his latest email was signed Andy.  At the same time, I don't wanna piss him off.

Judging by the tone of his correspondence, I don't think he'd care. However, if I was meeting him in person I would probably address him as Dean Cornblatt.

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 02:14:04 PM »

Judging by the tone of his correspondence, I don't think he'd care. However, if I was meeting him in person I would probably address him as Dean Cornblatt.

Thanks.  Where'd you get the ASW schedule?  Did they email it to you after you RSVPed?

lsn