Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PT applicants, let's hear it!  (Read 1155 times)

Clara Bear

• View Profile
Re: PT applicants, let's hear it!
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 11:49:00 AM »
I applied to the PT program at UALR (it's the only school I applied to since my husband is also in school in LR).  I'm going to keep my current job at a legal/real estate newspaper, mostly because we can't live on no income and because I have good insurance here.  Luckily, I think I'll have plenty of time to study while on the job...

maka nani

• LSD Obsessed
    • AOL Instant Messenger - redsox1079
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 03:53:18 PM »
I've applied to PT to schools I will have a hard time getting into (Fordham, Brooklyn, some others)... not because I intend to work a day job, just because I hope it will help me getting in.

PTers at my schhol hate ppl like you  :D....we all (people who work)show up to class bone tired and dressed from the office...while they show up in flip flops and shorts fresh off a visit to the pool.  i will say, doesn't seem to have made a difference in grades this semester! either way good luck to you all..i love going PT. 
DON'T GO TO LAW SCHOOL YOU DUMB FUCKS.

Yankees Fan

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Ask+me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 04:10:34 PM »
I've applied to PT to schools I will have a hard time getting into (Fordham, Brooklyn, some others)... not because I intend to work a day job, just because I hope it will help me getting in.

PTers at my schhol hate ppl like you  :D....we all (people who work)show up to class bone tired and dressed from the office...while they show up in flip flops and shorts fresh off a visit to the pool.  i will say, doesn't seem to have made a difference in grades this semester! either way good luck to you all..i love going PT. 

Flip flops?  Shorts?  Pool?  Where do you go?
USD 2010

paul1454

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 04:20:38 PM »
Maka Mani,

Do you feel that career prospects are any different for Part timers?  I am an accountant looking to break into tax law after my JD.  However, I was apprehensive about the part-time programs because a lot of people said they don't have as many resources in regards to career placement.

flyaway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 07:19:39 AM »
I put in one PT app, but I'd rather go full-time.  It's just that the real estate market is kinda sucky right now, and in order to go full-time, we have to sell.  I don't think that will be a problem, and we're putting the house on the market soon, but I applied to Gtown PT just in case I have to keep my day job with a govt agency.
Michigan Law Class of 2010

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2007, 04:32:11 AM »

here here...

there are those of us who are students and those of us who are experienced students... ;)
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

BeachBoy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2007, 10:11:23 AM »
I also like taking evening classes.  Mainly, I am usually a zombie in the morning and don't function well in the morning hours, which can be dangerous in law school because of the Socrates method.