Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: AHHHHHH I HATE THIS!! help!  (Read 2112 times)

martia218

• View Profile
    • Email
AHHHHHH I HATE THIS!! help!
« on: January 15, 2007, 09:00:54 PM »
I am pretty nervous about ending up anywhere next year, I applied only to 5 schools in November. FSU, UM, STETSON, NOVA, AND ST THOMAS. I got rejected from both UM and FSU on 1/8/07 and i am unsure when i will ever hear back from the rest. My GPA is ok (3.3) and my LSAT is low considering (145).....but my EC's are awesome so i duno what to expect. Any advice? My first choice is def. Stetson just because I need to get out of Miami...

prelaw200

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: AHHHHHH I HATE THIS!! help!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 09:11:23 PM »
you should throw cooley an app.  you should also consider studying and retaking the lsat - a 145 is pretty easy to improve on and severely limits your options. 
Me Go Cornell

Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 09:14:11 PM »
Retake in February.  Most people with your LSAT score do not end up applying for a reason.  This is not an attack on you.  This is a reality check.  You need to do better on the LSAT.  With the new reporting policy, any improvement will help you. 
Yale.Law.School.2010

Jhuen_the_bird

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 07:21:34 PM »
Unfortunately, your EC's mean very little to the admissions committees with your scores - not to be mean, though - it would probably be easy to retake the lsat and raise your score - a prep class or tutor could reaallllly  help!

Sweetpri

• Sr. Citizen
  • I hope I like Ohio!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2007, 12:50:09 PM »
I agree that you should consider retaking in February - it'll probably help the applications that you still have pending.  I live near Miami and I'm taking the powerscore weekend course this coming weekend - if you didn't take any classes or use the LR bible when you were studying you might want to check it out.  Not sure if it's too late to register though.
University of Toledo 0L

Data

• Sr. Citizen
  • They call me Data.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2007, 02:11:05 PM »
I am pretty nervous about ending up anywhere next year, I applied only to 5 schools in November. FSU, UM, STETSON, NOVA, AND ST THOMAS. I got rejected from both UM and FSU on 1/8/07 and i am unsure when i will ever hear back from the rest. My GPA is ok (3.3) and my LSAT is low considering (145).....but my EC's are awesome so i duno what to expect. Any advice? My first choice is def. Stetson just because I need to get out of Miami...

I agree with what everyone has said.  The LSAT (within 3-5 points of the median) is the first hurdle you've got to overcome for most schools.  This is before they even look at your GPA.  Unless you have a learning disability or something else that needs to be addressed, a 145 is super easy to retake and improve upon.  But make sure you do it right the second time around.  Taking it 3 times makes you look a bit wishy-washy.
Yale 2010