Law School Discussion

where can I go?

where can I go?
« on: January 14, 2007, 07:28:23 PM »
9 out of my 15 applications are now complete.
i applied to all T-14 schools...
what are my chances to these schools?

Re: 169, 3.69 from stanford... where can I go?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 07:32:01 PM »
I'd say that your best bet would be to look at the 05-06 cycle on lsn and see where ppl with your #s got into. Also make sure you pay attention to when the apps were sent out bc that can play a role as well.

hth

Denny Crane

• Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 07:32:35 PM »
I'd say that your best bet would be to look at the 05-06 cycle on lsn and see where ppl with your #s got into. Also make sure you pay attention to when the apps were sent out bc that can play a role as well.

hth

titcr

annita

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 07:39:27 PM »
If LSN is any guide, you're almost definitely going to get into a few T14s. Harvard, Columbia, and NYU are reaches. UCLA seems to be a solid target, and if you're willing to go to Northern Cali as well, add Boalt to the list. People with your numbers from top schools have been accepted there recently. How I love LSN...

Denny Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 07:41:26 PM »
If LSN is any guide, you're almost definitely going to get into a few T14s. Harvard, Columbia, and NYU are reaches. UCLA seems to be a solid target, and if you're willing to go to Northern Cali as well, add Boalt to the list. People with your numbers from top schools have been accepted there recently. How I love LSN...

Hey annie, not to hijack, but I told you T-Stock would call back with good news!  I had my interview last week, and I'm freaking out about the outcome.  I keep thinking that one of my questions at the end may have given him a bad feeling about accepting me.  Blech.  I'm still waiting.  The fact I have to wait longer because of MLK Jr. Day is frustrating.  They just had a vacation!  Do they really need another one!?

annita

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 07:51:31 PM »

Hey annie, not to hijack, but I told you T-Stock would call back with good news!  I had my interview last week, and I'm freaking out about the outcome.  I keep thinking that one of my questions at the end may have given him a bad feeling about accepting me.  Blech.  I'm still waiting.  The fact I have to wait longer because of MLK Jr. Day is frustrating.  They just had a vacation!  Do they really need another one!?

Hey, Toby might call on MLK Day. He started calls last week on Monday. Yeah, I'm glad it turned out well. I'm sure it will for you too --

stjobs

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 07:52:42 PM »
Check chiashu.

http://www.chiashu.com/law/index.jsp?action=schools&subaction=default

It's giving me almost 91% with a 173/3.9, so I think you have a better chance at NYU than Michigan or Boalt... assuming the numbers are reasonable...

annita

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 07:52:49 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys.
i really wanna get into nyu..it's my top choice
does anyone think i have a chance to get into nyu?

Have you applied already? Or are you applying next year? If you are applying next year, apply EA. As for your chances, who knows! Check out the #'s on LSN (as another OP suggested).

Denny Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 07:55:26 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys.
i really wanna get into nyu..it's my top choice
does anyone think i have a chance to get into nyu?

You're just above NYU's 25th for both GPA and LSAT, which means you have a fairly good show, but not an auto-admit's shot.  If your essay/recs are good, you will better standout against the many other applicants who will likely have similar stats as yours.  The fact you went to a great u-grad may help.  Try the LSAC calculator to get a better idea of your shot.

mL4300ic

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 08:05:10 PM »
You're just above NYU's 25th for both GPA and LSAT, which means you have a fairly good show, but not an auto-admit's shot.  If your essay/recs are good, you will better standout against the many other applicants who will likely have similar stats as yours.  The fact you went to a great u-grad may help.  Try the LSAC calculator to get a better idea of your shot.

Yeah, I think Stanford ugrad will have a similar effect that HYP ugrad has. I wouldn't be surprised if the OP gets in to most schools where he/she's at/slightly-above the 25th.