Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: OFFICIAL 24 SEASON SIX THREAD: JACK IS BACK!!!  (Read 4140 times)

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL 24 SEASON SIX THREAD: JACK IS BACK!!!
« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2007, 03:02:09 PM »
I think torture can be a good idea in some situations and a terrible idea in other situations.  On one hand I don't want to eliminate all torture because then you would be tying the hands of government agents, but on the other hand I am uncomfortable with giving the government that sort of power. 

24 is obviously very pro-torture, but it's hard to call the entire show a fascist lovefest.  Like this issue of internment they have been very reasonable on.   
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

h2xblive

« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2007, 04:06:41 PM »
I think torture can be a good idea in some situations and a terrible idea in other situations.  On one hand I don't want to eliminate all torture because then you would be tying the hands of government agents, but on the other hand I am uncomfortable with giving the government that sort of power. 

24 is obviously very pro-torture, but it's hard to call the entire show a fascist lovefest.  Like this issue of internment they have been very reasonable on.   

Actually, my take on 24 is that it's anti-torture.  Jack tortured his brother for what?  It's not like he got real information anyways. 

bobknob

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2007, 01:56:39 AM »
Does anyone else think 24 sucks? I'm as big of a Jack Bauer fan as anyone, and I love watching him kick everybody's ass, but everytime he's not on the screen, I find myself fast-forwarding past all the stupid & pointless bull.

Hank Rearden

• LSD Obsessed
  • Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2007, 02:00:07 AM »

Actually, my take on 24 is that it's anti-torture.  Jack tortured his brother for what?  It's not like he got real information anyways. 

Well, not pro-torture as in it makes torture look fun.  But from watching the show it does make it seem as if torture is a good way to gather information.  Like earlier in the season that semi-good terrorist guy stuck a knife in another terrorist's leg and got the info, while Jack was too tame to do that (for the moment). 

I didn't see new episode again tonight.  I had no idea about this 2-hour bs, so when I tuned in it was halfway over!
CLS '10

The appropriateness of Perpetua would probably depend on the tone of the writing.  When I used it, I (half playfully) thought the extra space made the words sort of resonate.

Vick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2007, 01:12:26 PM »

Well, not pro-torture as in it makes torture look fun.  But from watching the show it does make it seem as if torture is a good way to gather information.  Like earlier in the season that semi-good terrorist guy stuck a knife in another terrorist's leg and got the info, while Jack was too tame to do that (for the moment). 

I didn't see new episode again tonight.  I had no idea about this 2-hour bs, so when I tuned in it was halfway over!

In 24, torture ALWAYS works.

Pirate Pete

• LSD Obsessed
  • member Em.eritus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2007, 09:55:45 PM »
What was up with the Pres. Logan as some sort of creepy Hannibal Lecter/Ted Kaczynski combo in the end of the last episode?  Are we going to have to hear "quid pro quo, Jack?"
fair like the sun that shines in my soul when you're near, emily
Wow, Em is genius!

Vick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2007, 10:08:29 AM »
What was up with the Pres. Logan as some sort of creepy Hannibal Lecter/Ted Kaczynski combo in the end of the last episode?  Are we going to have to hear "quid pro quo, Jack?"

I don't know, but I liked it.  President Logan's one of my favorite characters. 

Pirate Pete

• LSD Obsessed
  • member Em.eritus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2007, 01:53:17 PM »

I don't know, but I liked it.  President Logan's one of my favorite characters. 

It will be cool to see him in a different position than "spineless world leader."  I'm almost hoping that he ends up stark raving mad.  That would be fun to watch.
fair like the sun that shines in my soul when you're near, emily
Wow, Em is genius!

Nickleback

« Reply #108 on: February 25, 2007, 01:55:14 AM »
FCCK.

jd2bee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2007, 11:34:47 AM »
Now how ya gonna get out of this one, Jack?  Taking an ambassador hostage?  Did you learn NOTHING last season at the Chinese Embassy?

I love it.