Law School Discussion

OFFICIAL 24 SEASON SIX THREAD: JACK IS BACK!!!

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
Re: OFFICIAL 24 SEASON SIX THREAD: JACK IS BACK!!!
« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2007, 01:02:09 PM »
I think torture can be a good idea in some situations and a terrible idea in other situations.  On one hand I don't want to eliminate all torture because then you would be tying the hands of government agents, but on the other hand I am uncomfortable with giving the government that sort of power. 

24 is obviously very pro-torture, but it's hard to call the entire show a fascist lovefest.  Like this issue of internment they have been very reasonable on.   

h2xblive

« Reply #101 on: February 12, 2007, 02:06:41 PM »
I think torture can be a good idea in some situations and a terrible idea in other situations.  On one hand I don't want to eliminate all torture because then you would be tying the hands of government agents, but on the other hand I am uncomfortable with giving the government that sort of power. 

24 is obviously very pro-torture, but it's hard to call the entire show a fascist lovefest.  Like this issue of internment they have been very reasonable on.   

Actually, my take on 24 is that it's anti-torture.  Jack tortured his brother for what?  It's not like he got real information anyways. 

« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2007, 11:56:39 PM »
Does anyone else think 24 sucks? I'm as big of a Jack Bauer fan as anyone, and I love watching him kick everybody's ass, but everytime he's not on the screen, I find myself fast-forwarding past all the stupid & pointless bull.

Hank Rearden

• Zurich is stained
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2007, 12:00:07 AM »

Actually, my take on 24 is that it's anti-torture.  Jack tortured his brother for what?  It's not like he got real information anyways. 

Well, not pro-torture as in it makes torture look fun.  But from watching the show it does make it seem as if torture is a good way to gather information.  Like earlier in the season that semi-good terrorist guy stuck a knife in another terrorist's leg and got the info, while Jack was too tame to do that (for the moment). 

I didn't see new episode again tonight.  I had no idea about this 2-hour bs, so when I tuned in it was halfway over!

Vick

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2007, 11:12:26 AM »

Well, not pro-torture as in it makes torture look fun.  But from watching the show it does make it seem as if torture is a good way to gather information.  Like earlier in the season that semi-good terrorist guy stuck a knife in another terrorist's leg and got the info, while Jack was too tame to do that (for the moment). 

I didn't see new episode again tonight.  I had no idea about this 2-hour bs, so when I tuned in it was halfway over!

In 24, torture ALWAYS works.

Pirate Pete

• member Em.eritus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2007, 07:55:45 PM »
What was up with the Pres. Logan as some sort of creepy Hannibal Lecter/Ted Kaczynski combo in the end of the last episode?  Are we going to have to hear "quid pro quo, Jack?"

Vick

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2007, 08:08:29 AM »
What was up with the Pres. Logan as some sort of creepy Hannibal Lecter/Ted Kaczynski combo in the end of the last episode?  Are we going to have to hear "quid pro quo, Jack?"

I don't know, but I liked it.  President Logan's one of my favorite characters. 

Pirate Pete

• member Em.eritus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2007, 11:53:17 AM »

I don't know, but I liked it.  President Logan's one of my favorite characters. 

It will be cool to see him in a different position than "spineless world leader."  I'm almost hoping that he ends up stark raving mad.  That would be fun to watch.

Nickleback

« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2007, 11:55:14 PM »
FCCK.

jd2bee

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2007, 09:34:47 AM »
Now how ya gonna get out of this one, Jack?  Taking an ambassador hostage?  Did you learn NOTHING last season at the Chinese Embassy?

I love it.