Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Harvard: financial aid site?  (Read 261 times)

Electric Counterpoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • Harvard 2010
    • View Profile
    • Email
Harvard: financial aid site?
« on: January 14, 2007, 03:36:05 PM »
Hey HLS admits, anyone having the same problem I am?

I just got my binder in the mail yesterday (!!!), and today I'm going to sit down and finish my financial aid stuff. The instructions for that tell me to go to "My HLS Financial Aid" and log in. That page tells me to enter my SSN without dashes and, in lieu of entering a PIN, click on a link to have my PIN emailed to me. Clicking on that link, though, just says my account is not found.

The site is supposed to ask a few questions and determine what documents I need to submit. I'm certain they're going to want a Need Access from me at least, so I'll still do that, but it's frustrating sitting down and spreading out my tax docs only to be turned away at the gates.

So, have you been able to log in? I suppose I'll have to wait until Tuesday to call the FinAid office...
Former mostly-anonymous admissions cycle blogger. Current law student.

annita

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Harvard: financial aid site?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 03:41:19 PM »
Perhaps you should just go straight to Need Access and begin filling out that info? You can specify which colleges should receive the NA forms.

Hey HLS admits, anyone having the same problem I am?

I just got my binder in the mail yesterday (!!!), and today I'm going to sit down and finish my financial aid stuff. The instructions for that tell me to go to "My HLS Financial Aid" and log in. That page tells me to enter my SSN without dashes and, in lieu of entering a PIN, click on a link to have my PIN emailed to me. Clicking on that link, though, just says my account is not found.

The site is supposed to ask a few questions and determine what documents I need to submit. I'm certain they're going to want a Need Access from me at least, so I'll still do that, but it's frustrating sitting down and spreading out my tax docs only to be turned away at the gates.

So, have you been able to log in? I suppose I'll have to wait until Tuesday to call the FinAid office...

Catherine Morland

• Sr. Citizen
  • the improvement of her mind by extensive reading
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 03:43:45 PM »
I saw something about the site not being ready until Tuesday morning. But now I can't find it.  :D Either in your Harvard email or on the admitted website it says the FinAid stuff won't be up until Tuesday. I think.

EDIT:

Aha! http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/sfs/finaid/apply/timeline.php
0102 SLY

The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid. - Jane Austen

Electric Counterpoint

• Sr. Citizen
  • Harvard 2010
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 03:47:32 PM »
I saw something about the site not being ready until Tuesday morning. But now I can't find it.  :D Either in your Harvard email or on the admitted website it says the FinAid stuff won't be up until Tuesday. I think.

EDIT:

Aha! http://www.law.harvard.edu/students/sfs/finaid/apply/timeline.php

Oh, great! Thanks for that, I must have completely read past it. I hope they don't mind that I already sent my FAFSA, in light of that warning...
Former mostly-anonymous admissions cycle blogger. Current law student.