Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: FAFSA for Canadians  (Read 4804 times)

ButImAGilmore

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fight On!
    • View Profile
Re: FAFSA for Canadians
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2007, 11:52:21 PM »
I'm pretty sure Canadians can fill out the Need Access form, but not all schools use it. Some (like BU) have separate forms for internationals on their website. Others apparently mail you forms with your acceptance. I am actually glad we can't fill out the FAFSA. One less form!

A baby Trojan is born...

USC 2010!

Geo_Storm

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just parked it under tree. I didn't drive in
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2007, 11:54:30 PM »
just don't expect any fin aid from the schools.
THE LSN is here. PLZ post on my LSN profile.

I wish I had more fingers to cross.

MorningStar

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 11:55:48 AM »
What do you mean by the Geo?  I'm loving all these mysterious responses.

So Canadians don't have ANYTHING to do with FAFSA?
Do Canadians have any chance of need based financial assistance from U.S school?

Without either of these forms of financials aid what are our options in terms of loans?  Are private bank loans such as RBC, etc. the only way to go?

Thanks again

Geo_Storm

• Sr. Citizen
  • I just parked it under tree. I didn't drive in
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 12:48:12 PM »
What do you mean by the Geo?  I'm loving all these mysterious responses.

So Canadians don't have ANYTHING to do with FAFSA?
Do Canadians have any chance of need based financial assistance from U.S school?

Without either of these forms of financials aid what are our options in terms of loans?  Are private bank loans such as RBC, etc. the only way to go?

Thanks again

Unless you're eligible for FAFSA, I dont think you can get any federal (US) aid. Schools seeminly have limited aid for international students. Private loans seem almost like the only way to go. Doesn't necessarily mean that private bank is the only way to go, but yes you are going to have to borrow from somewhere outside the school.
THE LSN is here. PLZ post on my LSN profile.

I wish I had more fingers to cross.

MorningStar

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 03:35:57 PM »
Great, thanks. 

Wow, looking over my last post makes me cringe.  It's riddled with typos and grammatical errors.

Doraemon

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 10:03:33 PM »
Unless you're eligible for FAFSA, I dont think you can get any federal (US) aid. Schools seeminly have limited aid for international students. Private loans seem almost like the only way to go. Doesn't necessarily mean that private bank is the only way to go, but yes you are going to have to borrow from somewhere outside the school.

Sure. The top schools have substantial aid for international students, however; some of them do not discriminate.

cantmakeupmymind

• all the makeup in the world//cant make up my mind
    • MSN Messenger - jcygordon@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 10:15:07 AM »
I think each school might be different. Some schools dont provide any financial aid to international students. Others will provide aid for any admitted student and if that is the case, then you do need to fill out the FAFSA (as best you can since some items don't match up) and then they will use it to assess your financial need. You will NOT get federal financial aid, BUT you may get school financial aid and the FAFSA forms are just the standard way of assessing you.
.:**:..:**:.cantmakeupmymind.:**:..**:.