Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Difficulty with Need Access  (Read 3639 times)

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Difficulty with Need Access
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2007, 04:47:18 PM »
My parents finally gave me their tax info and that means I actually have to do the form.

I was just looking again at what you should have at hand and noticed they want info on mortgages. Seriously? They want info on my parents mortgages?

It is an unnecessarily obtrusive form which has driven my paranoid stepfather to give me absolutely no information.

I wish that this:

((___))
[ x x ]
 \   /
 (' ')
  (U)

would replace their website indefinitely (if you don't know what it is, don't worry. It's not actually there. In fact, you're seeing things. You should get that checked out).

:D

I like your picture.

The cow, or the pig? :)
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</

RedWine

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2007, 11:08:32 PM »
Well, my dad and I had a conference call yesterday so I could walk him through the form.  My parents were fairly reasonable about giving me the info, although my dad did howl a few times ("WHAT?  Why the HELL do they need to know what kind of car I drive??"  "WHAT?  How the HELL do I know how much I'm going to pay in taxes next year??").  However, they haven't actually had their taxes done yet so it was all an estimate, and I'm not sure he put a whole lot of effort into estimating.  Not that I blame him.  I also told him that if he wanted to write in the "special circumstances" column that they would absolutely not be paying for any of my law school costs (which is true), that was fine with me because I'm not expecting it anyway.  But anything to get the info on the stupid form.

I also couldn't get anything out of my undergrad about how much I got in grants from them, even after bugging them for over three weeks.  So I had to estimate that, too.  I'm currently extremely annoyed at institutions of higher education.

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2007, 11:15:32 PM »
Well, my dad and I had a conference call yesterday so I could walk him through the form.  My parents were fairly reasonable about giving me the info, although my dad did howl a few times ("WHAT?  Why the HELL do they need to know what kind of car I drive??"  "WHAT?  How the HELL do I know how much I'm going to pay in taxes next year??").  However, they haven't actually had their taxes done yet so it was all an estimate, and I'm not sure he put a whole lot of effort into estimating.  Not that I blame him.  I also told him that if he wanted to write in the "special circumstances" column that they would absolutely not be paying for any of my law school costs (which is true), that was fine with me because I'm not expecting it anyway.  But anything to get the info on the stupid form.

Yeah, don't worry about next year's estimate. Glad you got the info. out of him, though!

I also couldn't get anything out of my undergrad about how much I got in grants from them, even after bugging them for over three weeks.  So I had to estimate that, too.  I'm currently extremely annoyed at institutions of higher education.

Yikes. You don't have a financial aid website that has that sort of stuff? Also, what sort of grants? If they're gov't. grants, you can find out from the FAFSA website, I think.
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</

RedWine

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2007, 10:16:06 AM »
Not government grants, they were institutional grants from the college.  I've been out of school a few years, and there was no website like that when I was in school.  Even if there is one now (which, knowing my undergrad, I highly doubt), my info definitely wouldn't be on it.  All my parents ever got after my initial aid package for my first year was a bill saying how much the total cost of attendance was, how much was canceled out by loans and grants, and how much they actually had to pay.  And if they still have those filed away somewhere, they're nowhere to be found.