Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Difficulty with Need Access  (Read 3752 times)

RedWine

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Difficulty with Need Access
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2007, 11:01:37 AM »
For mine, I wrote that I will obviously be quitting my job before school and will therefore have no guaranteed income for the next few years, and also that I have a younger brother who will be going to college while I'm in law school so my parents will be paying for him, not me.  I'm not sure travel plans count, though.

'tiki

• Sr. Citizen
  • Big Red goes to Philly
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2007, 04:50:21 PM »
OMG I started the needaccess online today. I had printed out the worksheets and thought ok this won't be horrible but then when you think you are done with the student section...BAM! more questions that are school specific pop up!! grrr.  ??? Question... Can one submit the needaccess without including schools one is still waiting to hear from and then add them if you are accepted or must they be included in the original submission? It's $45 I do not want to spend if I don't have to.

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2007, 10:27:51 PM »
OMG I started the needaccess online today. I had printed out the worksheets and thought ok this won't be horrible but then when you think you are done with the student section...BAM! more questions that are school specific pop up!! grrr.  ??? Question... Can one submit the needaccess without including schools one is still waiting to hear from and then add them if you are accepted or must they be included in the original submission? It's $45 I do not want to spend if I don't have to.

Nope, gotta pay twice if you do that.

what do you mean pay twice?  so right now i have mich and vandy.  lets say i get into penn of the wl...it would only be the 15 for penn at that time right?
Columbia 3L

kristen823

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2007, 12:31:14 PM »
I just finished the student part of this... I feel like I answered the same questions like 5 times each. Its like some bizarre interrogation where they try to catch you in lies by asking the same question in slightly different ways. Instead, I just got confused and thought I must have misinterpreted the question before because they wouldn't be asking me the same thing again...Grrr!!!! Ok, sorry, just needed to vent my frustrations.
So if you really love me, say yes(In): Maryland, Temple, Fordham, GW
But if you don't, dear, confess(Out):
And please don't tell me Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps(Def/WL): Gtown (PWL)

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=kmk823

degrassi

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2007, 04:51:43 PM »
Can anyone provide any clarity regarding the 2007 estimates? I am having the same issue as the OP. I have no... seriously, NO... idea where I will be working this summer, if at all. So how could I possibly estimate my summer income? And all of the specific things about taxes for 2007, how could I ever know this stuff??

HLS '10

LSN

RedWine

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2007, 05:00:10 PM »
Exactly.

I just estimated on the low end for income and high end for expenses, and be it what it will.  I also told the Director of Financial Aid at Penn that it was an unnecessarily difficult form.  He agreed, but I probably should have waited for a decision from them before I said it so bluntly.  Sigh.

Edna St. Vincent Millay

• Sr. Citizen
  • "Portrait of a Poetess"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2007, 03:18:38 PM »
Its like some bizarre interrogation where they try to catch you in lies by asking the same question in slightly different ways.

exactly! hahaha.
Flight of the Conchords

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=11067696

Northwestern 2010.

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2007, 03:30:34 PM »
My parents finally gave me their tax info and that means I actually have to do the form.

I was just looking again at what you should have at hand and noticed they want info on mortgages. Seriously? They want info on my parents mortgages?

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2007, 04:41:26 PM »
My parents finally gave me their tax info and that means I actually have to do the form.

I was just looking again at what you should have at hand and noticed they want info on mortgages. Seriously? They want info on my parents mortgages?

It is an unnecessarily obtrusive form which has driven my paranoid stepfather to give me absolutely no information.

I wish that this:

((___))
[ x x ]
 \   /
 (' ')
  (U)

would replace their website indefinitely (if you don't know what it is, don't worry. It's not actually there. In fact, you're seeing things. You should get that checked out).
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</

Zam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2007, 04:44:01 PM »

It is an unnecessarily obtrusive form which has driven my paranoid stepfather to give me absolutely no information.

I wish that this:

((___))
[ x x ]
 \   /
 (' ')
  (U)

would replace their website indefinitely (if you don't know what it is, don't worry. It's not actually there. In fact, you're seeing things. You should get that checked out).

:D

I like your picture.