Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: CONTEST: What are your debts before going to Law School?  (Read 4157 times)

Booyakasha2

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dig to get jiggy wiv mr. biggy
    • View Profile
Re: CONTEST: What are your debts before going to Law School?
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2007, 08:15:32 PM »
14k of ug debt.  No cc.  I am very debt adverse and never use my CC unless i plan on paying it off by the next billing statement.  I dont understand how some people can rack up tens of thousands of dollars of debt on their cc on such frivolous things like clothes, shoes, and other unnecessary stuff. 

ITA.  I have a card, though I only got it after undergrad and while working full-time.  I don't carry balances from month to month either.  In order to collect the reward points, I've let the credit card replace the use of my debit card in nearly every situation.  (That said, I'm still careful not to spend more than I should.)  I'm actually saving up for a free plane ticket to some exotic locale.  If I could put my LS tuition on the card, I'd be able to pack my bags tonight!  :P 

I use my cc often...i just pay it off.  Ive moved to almost never using my debit card as well mostly for security reasons.  I don't know if this is the case with all debit cards, but i know that CC companies are required by law to protect you from any fraudulent charges (dont believe the hype some CCs advertising about how they do this like its something special).  No point in putting my own money on the line when the CC company will cover my back.

I was also planning on paying my tuition via CC, but i saw that my school added an additional 2.5% for all cc charges, but no additional charges for direct bank transfers... ::)
Princeton Law 2010

The Poster

• LSD Obsessed
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dontreallyknowmuch
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2007, 10:08:41 PM »
14k of ug debt. No cc. I am very debt adverse and never use my CC unless i plan on paying it off by the next billing statement. I dont understand how some people can rack up tens of thousands of dollars of debt on their cc on such frivolous things like clothes, shoes, and other unnecessary stuff.

ITA. I have a card, though I only got it after undergrad and while working full-time. I don't carry balances from month to month either. In order to collect the reward points, I've let the credit card replace the use of my debit card in nearly every situation. (That said, I'm still careful not to spend more than I should.) I'm actually saving up for a free plane ticket to some exotic locale. If I could put my LS tuition on the card, I'd be able to pack my bags tonight! :P

I use my cc often...i just pay it off. Ive moved to almost never using my debit card as well mostly for security reasons. I don't know if this is the case with all debit cards, but i know that CC companies are required by law to protect you from any fraudulent charges (dont believe the hype some CCs advertising about how they do this like its something special). No point in putting my own money on the line when the CC company will cover my back.

I was also planning on paying my tuition via CC, but i saw that my school added an additional 2.5% for all cc charges, but no additional charges for direct bank transfers... ::)

they just don't want you making rewards points off of your tuition. my school doesn't even give you the option to pay with a credit card.
quote Stanley J. Watson III
you are doomed in the fated sense, but that's completely irrelevant because that's only from the viewpoint of someone who is not constrained by time. since you are temporal, for all intents and purposes you have the power to change your future

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2007, 10:55:08 PM »
I pay my tuition with a credit card. No fees from my university, and 1.5% cash-back. make money money make money money money

papercranes

• Sr. Citizen
  • Beer Lao. Why did I leave and come to law school?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2007, 11:13:10 PM »
approximately $420 in CC debt.
Mostly from living expenses while studying for the LSAT. ;)

No UG debt.
Thank you University Faculty dependants scholarships!
university of southern california 2011