Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Need law school advice?!?!?!  (Read 429506 times)

jer

• LSD Obsessed
  • i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
Re: Need law school advice?!?!?!
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 09:43:25 AM »
So I just discovered the board and was wondering what are my chances of getting into a good law school. I'm at an East coast all girls college and currently have a 3.5. It would be a 3.65 but things got a little dicey for me last semester. Married men are off limits; lesson learned!

I haven't taken the LSAT yet but I scored a 1540 on my SATs, so I'm pretty good at standardized tests. (The old SAT, btw).

Is this even a serious post?

you're gonna give gretchen a complex

LizPendens™

• LSD Obsessed
  • The Real Alice -- Adventures in Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2007, 09:43:50 AM »
I'm at an East coast all girls college...

all "girls"?   

::flames emanating from nostrils::

You must be one of those feminazis I go to school with. I really like being around girls most of the time because a lot of my friends are lesbians so there's less competition for the fellas.

Clearly you need to get a grip on reality and get past your childishness. If you get bent out of shape about semantics you will never survive this world.

i call flame.
There foam'd rebellious Logic, gagg'd and bound.                           
            -  Charles Dodgson,  "Lewis Carroll"                               
                         "The Game of Logic"

h2xblive

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2007, 09:45:15 AM »
So I just discovered the board and was wondering what are my chances of getting into a good law school. I'm at an East coast all girls college and currently have a 3.5. It would be a 3.65 but things got a little dicey for me last semester. Married men are off limits; lesson learned!

I haven't taken the LSAT yet but I scored a 1540 on my SATs, so I'm pretty good at standardized tests. (The old SAT, btw).

Is this even a serious post?

you're gonna give gretchen a complex

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Gretchen W.

• Currently exercising my secret power
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2007, 09:45:24 AM »

i call flame.

Boo you whore. I don't even know what this means.

This has to be the least helpful board EVER.
Power always has to be kept in check; power exercised in secret, especially under the cloak of national security, is doubly dangerous.

-William Proxmire

Red Bull Imperator

• Sr. Citizen
  • Redbull sceptrum orbis terrarum
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2007, 09:45:56 AM »
Might be another one of jgr's impersonations...
LSAC Report:      $12
LSAT:             $120
Getting accepted: Priceless

Gretchen W.

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2007, 09:47:01 AM »
Gretchen,

Someone told me once: LSAT = (SAT)/20.7 + 100.7, so ... you can definitely expect a 175 on the LSAT.

Wow, thanks that is actually really great advice. Are there any other helpful statistics about law school admissions or anything?
Power always has to be kept in check; power exercised in secret, especially under the cloak of national security, is doubly dangerous.

-William Proxmire

h2xblive

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2007, 09:52:52 AM »

i call flame.

Boo you whore. I don't even know what this means.

This has to be the least helpful board EVER.

Fine, I'll try to answer your question.

We have to first figure out what you mean by "good law school."  If you're going exclusively by rank, then what ranks are you looking at?  Tier 1?  t14?  Top 25 schools?  Any specialties you'd like to focus on?  Area of the country you would like to work?

Also, the LSAT is not like the SAT.  The SAT tested your knowledge of certain subjects, like vocabulary and math.  The LSAT tests reasoning skills.  Frankly I think of the LSAT as an IQ test.  However, there is a relatively strong correlation between LSAT and SAT scores, so you'll likely get a good score (165+), if you study hard.

What year are you, anyways?

P.S. Your question is better answered in another part of LSD.

Gretchen W.

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2007, 09:58:19 AM »
Well, I don't know what I'd consider a good law school. But I have a pretty good school pedigree so far so I'd want to keep that up. I went to an all girls private high school in CT, now I'm at one of the Seven Sisters. So I'm thinking I need to be selective about where I apply. I wouldn't want to end up anywhere disreputable like Fordham or something.

Right now I'm in my Junior year again because of some issues that I have successfully had expunged from my criminal and school records. I'm hoping to apply next fall but have already started lining up LORs.

-William Proxmire

Red Bull Imperator

• Sr. Citizen
  • Redbull sceptrum orbis terrarum
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2007, 10:00:15 AM »
Well, I don't know what I'd consider a good law school. But I have a pretty good school pedigree so far so I'd want to keep that up. I went to an all girls private high school in CT, now I'm at one of the Seven Sisters. So I'm thinking I need to be selective about where I apply. I wouldn't want to end up anywhere disreputable like Fordham or something.

Right now I'm in my Junior year again because of some issues that I have successfully had expunged from my criminal and school records. I'm hoping to apply next fall but have already started lining up LORs.

Flame.

Or patently arrogant and stupid.
LSAC Report:      $12
LSAT:             $120
Getting accepted: Priceless

LizPendens™

• LSD Obsessed
  • The Real Alice -- Adventures in Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2007, 10:00:49 AM »
now I'm at one of the Seven Sisters. So I'm thinking I need to be selective about where I apply. I wouldn't want to end up anywhere disreputable like Fordham or something.

ORLY? which one?
There foam'd rebellious Logic, gagg'd and bound.                           
            -  Charles Dodgson,  "Lewis Carroll"                               
                         "The Game of Logic"