Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Should I retake the LSAT?  (Read 858 times)

pennundgergrad

• View Profile
    • Email
Should I retake the LSAT?
« on: February 28, 2004, 10:30:35 PM »
Well, I just got my lsat today, I got a 166. My GPA is a 3.87 from UPenn (I am planning to work for a year or two before I apply). I am hoping for Columbia / NYU / Penn - and I know that a 166 isn't that great for these schools. Is it worth retaking the test?

abmarz

• View Profile
Re: Should I retake the LSAT?
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2004, 12:01:40 AM »
Depends on how much you hate the lsat... If you really don't mind studying for it, then do it. For me personally, I despised the whole exam and neevr want to look at another study guide. I think with a 166 and a 3.87 from upenn, you have a great shot at those schools regardless.

Good luck.

dsds3581

• View Profile
Re: Should I retake the LSAT?
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2004, 01:31:07 AM »
Nah...check lawschoolnumbers.com, penn...you're absolutely right...that 166 will be kind of a hindrance with those schools, it looks like.

If I were you, I wouldn't retake unless I really felt that I could improve. So...you might want to spend some time prepping again and seeing if you can get that 166 up to, at least, a 170 (personally, I think your average of those two scores if you retake needs to come out 170 because, particularly, Columbia and NYU seem to be favoring students who score in the 170s this year, regardless of GPA and undergrad). If you really want to go to those schools, I'd try everything I could...though Penn might give you the benefit of the doubt as you come from the undergrad school...but you can't bank on that.