Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SFLSD: Oh! The inhumanities.  (Read 2656970 times)

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: SFLSD: Oh! The inhumanities.
« Reply #72700 on: September 01, 2009, 11:53:06 PM »
Nothing has the sheer gravitational mass of SFLSD. 

::credits self::

::steals credit::

::puts dukes up::

No, really.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #72701 on: September 02, 2009, 12:27:22 AM »
Hi P!

(BTW - I was looking at social networking site and clicked on the rey ordonez group. in the little preview of 8 members that they show are both yourself and a high school friend of mine. small world!)

also:

also: PI people (P? Goalie? am I forgetting someone? I'd say dash but I fear the withering look of disdain I'd get - in addition to her awol-ness) I'm seriously thinking of saying screw the private sector and taking the plunge into PI. Two problems. 1) I have 0 PI credentials on my resume or transcript. 2) I don't have the magical deferred future biglaw associate stipend. I have some other personal concerns that I'd rather not mention here, but I'd like to pick your minds.

Hi Tommy!

I almost feel awkward in the presence of other Mets fans these days.  I mean, what do you say?  It's . . . erp.  Anyway, yes, Rey!  That amazing infield defense in 1999!  Throwing people out at the plate from his knees, backhanded! Was it really ten years ago?  ::sighs::

In any case, I'm around to talk about PI stuff anytime, though I don't know if I can be of much help since, you know, I don't exactly have a job myself.  But let me know.  Alternaportals are probably better.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72702 on: September 02, 2009, 02:39:00 AM »
Hi P!

(BTW - I was looking at social networking site and clicked on the rey ordonez group. in the little preview of 8 members that they show are both yourself and a high school friend of mine. small world!)

also:

also: PI people (P? Goalie? am I forgetting someone? I'd say dash but I fear the withering look of disdain I'd get - in addition to her awol-ness) I'm seriously thinking of saying screw the private sector and taking the plunge into PI. Two problems. 1) I have 0 PI credentials on my resume or transcript. 2) I don't have the magical deferred future biglaw associate stipend. I have some other personal concerns that I'd rather not mention here, but I'd like to pick your minds.

see if you can get involved in a think tank...
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

lackofabetteridea

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #72703 on: September 02, 2009, 06:30:00 AM »
I anticipate that I'll be complaining a lot this semester.  SFLSD:  Where No One But Myself Hears Me Complain? 

::hums Cheers theme::

To start things off I'm really, really annoyed that it's the second week of classes and I'm awake at 5am and have to be in class in less than three hours.  8am interaction with MBA students?  No, no, no, no! 

Also, I spent two hours sorting through about 15 documents just to be slightly less confused about the requirements for one of my (non-law) classes.  The dude in charge continuously makes (what I thought were?) jokes about being heavily medicated but I am beginning to this might be the case. 

I could go on but I'm stopping myself for now. 

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72704 on: September 02, 2009, 10:17:19 AM »
FUN school!
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

They're break-dance fighting.

archival

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • intj
« Reply #72705 on: September 02, 2009, 10:33:24 AM »
Wine tip:  Seghesio Sonoma Zinfandel 2007.  One of Wine Spectator's top 100 wines of 2008.  93 points, $25.  Buy it if you can find it (and like big, raucous CA zins).

They only had the 2008.  I bought a bottle anyway.

The dude in charge continuously makes (what I thought were?) jokes about being heavily medicated but I am beginning to this might be the case. 

Nothing wrong with that!

But how do you deal with someone who rejects your broad moral principles?
I kill them.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #72706 on: September 02, 2009, 12:13:48 PM »
Hi P!

also:

I'm doing PI, most of my experince was not PI related, but I was able to show a passion for the issue through my school work/writings. The IBR and 25 year then you don't owe anything plans are helpful as well.
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
  • Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #72707 on: September 02, 2009, 04:03:41 PM »
Pish, J only wants to waste YOUR time.  Get wise.

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #72708 on: September 02, 2009, 04:05:59 PM »
::does...things::
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #72709 on: September 02, 2009, 04:42:36 PM »
I have friends who are going leaf peeping in October.

We all agreed that we learned that from the WW.