Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SFLSD: Oh! The inhumanities.  (Read 2670763 times)

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
Re: SFLSD: Oh! The inhumanities.
« Reply #71980 on: July 27, 2009, 12:57:11 PM »
not getting on freeway = winnar
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

They're break-dance fighting.

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #71981 on: July 27, 2009, 01:04:34 PM »
wrong audience
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #71982 on: July 27, 2009, 01:11:50 PM »
I have a big problem when people stay invisible but then chat.  I don't know why, but I do.

Matthies

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
« Reply #71983 on: July 27, 2009, 01:17:26 PM »
My brain is full, there is no more room for anything new whatsoever
*In clinical studies, Matthies was well tolerated, but women who are pregnant, nursing or might become pregnant should not take or handle Matthies due to a rare, but serious side effect called him having to make child support payments.

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #71984 on: July 27, 2009, 01:21:14 PM »
who, me?

No.

I don't mind if people are invisible and don't chat with me.

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #71985 on: July 27, 2009, 01:28:03 PM »
who, me?

No.

You should be happy you're one of the people they wanted to talk to!

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #71986 on: July 27, 2009, 01:32:55 PM »
who, me?

No.

You should be happy you're one of the people they wanted to talk to!

::mary sunshines::

???

who, me?

No.

i see what you mean.

there is something a little creepy about it, now that you mention it.

I think so.  Or just strange.  If you want to engage, engage.  If not, well, don't.  That's my take on it, anyway.

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #71987 on: July 27, 2009, 01:35:00 PM »
I don't think it's creepy or weird if it's not done all the time. Nothing wrong with wanting to manage your engagement at various times.

Elephant Lee

• Sr. Citizen
  • Maybe ju an' me are amigos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71988 on: July 27, 2009, 02:19:45 PM »
I think so.  Or just strange.  If you want to engage, engage.  If not, well, don't.  That's my take on it, anyway.
It's a power imbalance. They can contact you and see if you're on anytime they like, but prevent you from doing the same. You will probably only message them if they message you first. Right?
This was my country
This frightful and this angry land

"I guess she was a hooker, that makes sense, those shorts didn't really look all that comfortable." -Dash

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #71989 on: July 27, 2009, 02:24:24 PM »
I don't think it's creepy or weird if it's not done all the time. Nothing wrong with wanting to manage your engagement at various times.

Yeah!

I think I'm one of the people to whom Mu is referring because I have chatted him while invisible.  But the thing is, I basically had to cut chat out of my life because I have certain friends and relatives who are chronic chattackers and worse internet addicts than I am, and I would have a really hard time telling them I was busy without hurting their feelings or getting into weird little fights.  (Obvs, all of you are much cooler about this than some of my friends and relatives.)  So occasionally I go on chat invisibly to have a specific convo with someone and, while I'm there, choose to chat with a few choice people incident to the intended conversation, but I am still not in a position to open myself up to any old person. I know there's both a power imbalance and a tragedy of the commons kinda situation there, but these are the lumps.  I figure if people are around and green, they are happy to hear from people they like, in whatever guise.

OMG the bar.

::palpitates::
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.