Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SFLSD: Oh! The inhumanities.  (Read 2672483 times)

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
Re: SFLSD: Feeling you.
« Reply #64620 on: February 20, 2009, 01:41:33 PM »
I'll practice my dour face.

Make sure you bring your male voodoo doll (anatomically correct, of course).   ;)

I might have to get a new one. My usual one was anatomically correct, but I put it to good use...

I figure you go through dozens a week...everyday, even!
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #64621 on: February 20, 2009, 01:43:22 PM »
MBW, did I miss the part where ctl, erm, manned up and apologized to you for his a-hole post?
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #64622 on: February 20, 2009, 01:46:37 PM »
MBW, did I miss the part where ctl, erm, manned up and apologized to you for his a-hole post?

Nope.  Didn't miss a thing, QB.   ::) 

Does anyone remember when I came over here a few weeks back begging to be saved from pretentious assholes?  There was a specific reason.
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #64623 on: February 20, 2009, 01:47:05 PM »
I'll practice my dour face.

Make sure you bring your male voodoo doll (anatomically correct, of course).   ;)

I might have to get a new one. My usual one was anatomically correct, but I put it to good use...

I figure you go through dozens a week...everyday, even!

I'm doing my part for the economy!

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64624 on: February 20, 2009, 01:50:56 PM »

Does anyone remember when I came over here a few weeks back begging to be save from pretentious assholes?  There was a specific reason.

I admitted that my comment was inappropriate, but I feel I should apologize to an entire group rather than one individual. 

I'll say it here, but I'll feel it where I stand: I'm sorry for the comment about 'lynch mobs'.  It was way out of line, and obviously made in poor taste. 
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

CTL

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #64625 on: February 20, 2009, 01:53:22 PM »
I don't see how I'm a) pretentious, and I don't think I'm b) an a-hole.  Like most of us, I am sure that I've said things that could sound a) and/or make me seem b), but I don't think it's fair to characterize me as a) and/or b).
If looks could kill, you would be an uzi.

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #64626 on: February 20, 2009, 01:56:41 PM »

Does anyone remember when I came over here a few weeks back begging to be save from pretentious assholes?  There was a specific reason.

I admitted that my comment was inappropriate, but I feel I should apologize to an entire group rather than one individual. 

I'll say it here, but I'll feel it where I stand: I'm sorry for the comment about 'lynch mobs'.  It was way out of line, and obviously made in poor taste. 

The use of lynch mob was offensive in and of itself, but that you accused members of a group who are most often victims of the power structure which allowed for such oppression was much more over the top.  I'd prefer you apologize to Cady and Archival.

space for rent.

archival

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • intj
« Reply #64627 on: February 20, 2009, 02:00:28 PM »

:: tries to Bluebook foreign sources properly ::
:: fails ::
But how do you deal with someone who rejects your broad moral principles?
I kill them.

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #64628 on: February 20, 2009, 02:02:19 PM »

Can I PLEASE sig this?  It is just too precious.

space for rent.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #64629 on: February 20, 2009, 02:04:12 PM »

I appreciate that you came in here to apologize.  I think that took some guts.  

I don't really know you well enough to express an opinion one way or the other on the other stuff, but you have always been nice enough to me.

I will add --

Sometimes the libertarian dudes around here complain about feeling silenced or hemmed in by "pc" or feminism or whatnot.  When I read your comment and others in Exile (particularly Lindy's), I felt as if there was no way for me to express my opinion on the matter without being cast as a humorless feminazi.  If you want to encourage people to share their perspectives (especially, in this case, women who have more professional experience than you), this is probably not a good way to do it.  
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.