Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SFLSD: Oh! The inhumanities.  (Read 2699734 times)

This is wrong.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Dear LawDog3...
    • View Profile
Re: SFLSD: In the effort to prove that we can, we did.
« Reply #63710 on: February 03, 2009, 12:50:53 AM »
I'm thinking of pulling an all nighter to catch up with work and school stuff. Hum.

The last zillion times I've tried this have ended in sleep.

Wuss.

::pulls all-nighter for no reason just to show you::
I do not like hats.
I do not like them on bats.
I would not like them near cats.
I would not like them made out of mats.

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #63711 on: February 03, 2009, 12:52:04 AM »
I'm thinking of pulling an all nighter to catch up with work and school stuff. Hum.

Wuss.

I'll pull your all-nighter!

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #63712 on: February 03, 2009, 12:54:44 AM »
I accidentally pull all-nighters sometimes.   :-\

But I have job interviews this week!  For actual jobs!  I musn't get too sleep-deprived and spazzy.

ISRN, $25/hr sounds pretty okay right about now, and I'm quick with the books.  Should I sign up for that Rice guy's scam?
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Elephant Lee

• Sr. Citizen
  • Maybe ju an' me are amigos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63713 on: February 03, 2009, 01:04:00 AM »

Wuss.

I'm a weak old man in many ways. Pity me. The siren call of bed is a bit stronger when there's someone else keeping it warm.
This was my country
This frightful and this angry land

"I guess she was a hooker, that makes sense, those shorts didn't really look all that comfortable." -Dash

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #63714 on: February 03, 2009, 01:07:30 AM »
do we get more details or no?

What can I tell you that won't completely out me?  Here's something: the jobs are not in NYC and they all probably have an implicit skills requirement that I do not meet.  Oh, well.

The siren call of bed is a bit stronger when there's someone else keeping it warm.

Brutal.

For the record, my kitties keep (certain portions of) the bed warm.  So there!  Who needs a Rich Exterior Life?  Not ME!
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Elephant Lee

• Sr. Citizen
  • Maybe ju an' me are amigos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63715 on: February 03, 2009, 01:10:06 AM »
Just relaying personal experience. Sorry. Kitties are good at that. Anyway, it makes me weak (like I said).

I never fronted a REL. I just go to school, work, and play on the computer most of the time.
This was my country
This frightful and this angry land

"I guess she was a hooker, that makes sense, those shorts didn't really look all that comfortable." -Dash

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63716 on: February 03, 2009, 01:22:29 AM »
I still like my ethics class.  I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who ever said that at my school.  Also, the prof made fun of me today, which made me laugh, and then I wondered if it went both ways.  He's cool enough.  It might.
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

They're break-dance fighting.

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #63717 on: February 03, 2009, 01:25:17 AM »
I still like my ethics class.  I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who ever said that at my school.  Also, the prof made fun of me today, which made me laugh, and then I wondered if it went both ways.  He's cool enough.  It might.

not only at your school.  at any school.  anywhere.  ever.

that's what I'm sayin'!
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

Saxby Clemens II

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm Chuck Bass.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63718 on: February 03, 2009, 01:32:56 AM »
I really enjoy House Hunters. 

It's a good substitute for Golden Girls on nights Lifetime thinks I actually want to watch Rita Rocks. 
Quote from: Cady
::clutches doll with matching outfit::
Quote from: TheJ
::flippers Sax on ass just for the hell of it::
Quote from: For All Intensive Purposes
i'm not gonna judge, i just think you are a f-ing weirdo

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #63719 on: February 03, 2009, 01:33:44 AM »

not only at your school.  at any school.  anywhere.  ever.

that's what I'm sayin'!

how do you do it?

well, it's all discussion-y, so I jump in.  And I don't really know any of this stuff so it's educational.  also, we tend to discuss "problems" with ethics and i like fixing problems.

for instance, tonight we talked about that guy in prison for a murder he didn't commit and the guy who did confessed to his attorneys, but they couldn't say anything b/c of privilege and the risk of opening their client to more liability.  So, they didn't.  While I have no issue with their decision as they were, indeed, following their professional code, my thought was that as a public policy we have an interest in "justice."  I also have a personal interest in making sure that productive people are out there being productive, rather than sitting away in jail so I get to pay to support them.

I offered a solution that essentially guaranteed the confessors immunity when confessing to a crime, but the attorney was free to disclose if another was wrongly accused (trial, etc.)  Since we're really just worried about clients telling their attorneys stuff, we would then be able to further support that behavior.  There are, of course, problems with this, but still.