Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SFLSD: Oh! The inhumanities.  (Read 2704372 times)

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: SFLSD: Wait, what?
« Reply #61110 on: December 21, 2008, 03:16:57 AM »
Confidential to Tommy: I just did about three minutes of "research" (loosely) on your question.  Nothing.  I think you meant 18 USC 3102, though, no?
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #61111 on: December 21, 2008, 03:18:27 AM »
Will you buy me a diamond because diamonds are forever and they mean love?

Is it really...jaded? of me to be annoyed by the whole love is forever thing? I feel like I have sincerely loved people in the past whom I no longer love, and that doesn't mean that the love wasn't real, and it irritates me when people think that if you love someone it has to be forever.

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61112 on: December 21, 2008, 03:20:07 AM »
My Proposal: I know that you don't "believe" in premarital sex (whatever that really means) so allow me to present an option: re-define the "sex" in premarital sex.  

Not having been in that situation, I don't know exactly how I would react, except with 1) understanding and...2) complete disinterest...

Will you buy me a diamond because diamonds are forever and they mean love?

Is it really...jaded? of me to be annoyed by the whole love is forever thing? I feel like I have sincerely loved people in the past whom I no longer love, and that doesn't mean that the love wasn't real, and it irritates me when people think that if you love someone it has to be forever.

I think it's very important to be mindful that DeBeer's is a really, really, powerful cartel...  (but they did come out with "ladies of the world, raise your right hand" so that was cool)
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

They're break-dance fighting.

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #61113 on: December 21, 2008, 03:22:51 AM »
Also, tonight bestie's little brother was out with us, and I like to make him uncomfortable with my extreme liberalism/feminism, and we were talking about people we knew who'd gotten married, and I said something about how I wasn't going to have any of that heteronormative patriarchal bull, and his eyes about bugged out of his head.

It was amazing.

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #61114 on: December 21, 2008, 03:23:51 AM »
my favorite part is how sometimes that terminology is now used ironically!
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #61115 on: December 21, 2008, 03:24:27 AM »
I don't think love has to be forever to be worthwhile, but it maybe can be, and that's kind of neat.  I don't really know.  I do know that I still feel powerfully close to the person with whom I felt most "in love" even though our relationship has been over for quite some time now.

lol @ bestie's brother.  Does he think you are a lesbian or just a communist?

I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

Susan B. Anthony

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #61116 on: December 21, 2008, 03:28:48 AM »
I mean, I think it can be forever, and that would be really awesome. It just kind of drives me crazy when people break up or whatever, or a friendship ends, and people say "oh, s/he must never have really loved me/you."

Mostly the communist part. He's learned not to argue politics with me :D

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #61117 on: December 21, 2008, 03:30:26 AM »
I just thought to go see Milk in [origin].  Of course, it is not playing anywhere there.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #61118 on: December 21, 2008, 03:38:00 AM »
I definitely agree that that sentiment is absurd, even if enduring love is pretty cool stuff.

ION, this foundation that once funded part of my salary (in addition to much more important things) is closing because of Madoff.  Assuming you had plenty of money and you had gotten too-good-to-be-true returns from a Madoff investment (and withdrawn), would you feel a moral obligation to donate to the non-profits affected by Madoff's scheme?  I know forensic accounting can get complicated, but I imagine you could figure out, essentially, how much you put in, how much you withdrew, what similar (legit) funds would have yielded at the time, etc.

My parents and I are going to see Milk on Christmas!  Too bad you're not going to be primarily geographically deceptively misdescriptive!

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #61119 on: December 21, 2008, 03:40:29 AM »
I just thought to go see Milk in [origin].  Of course, it is not playing anywhere there.

Wait, I think it is!  Do a google movie search.