Law School Discussion

SFLSD: Oh! The inhumanities.

Matthies

• View Profile
Re: SFLSD: Brutally Effective.
« Reply #52340 on: September 12, 2008, 02:04:59 PM »
I still really like Mike Doughty.

No one wanted to start a debate about iTunes 8?  It's nearly a watershed moment.  I'm nearly possibly considering a new nano.  and a major switch.  It's, like, a really big deal. 

I am dissatisfied with the lack of folder monitoring, though.  hmmm

what do you like better than Itunes and why? I hve not tried the Genius thing yet, but I plan to later today

mugatu

• I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52341 on: September 12, 2008, 02:10:17 PM »
WMP11.

one: indexed search for music
two: I'm an album guy, rather than individual tracks, so wmp album stacking behind artist is really useful.
three: better integration with WMC, etc (although the necessity for that has fallen off somewhat.)
four: wma is pretty decent.  otherwise have to use high bitrate mp3 to get everything to work together.  aac has a bunch of limitations.
five: auto monitoring (I typically purcahse from amazon and i have an e-music account, so it's really helpful to not have to constantly import everything.)
six: i'm sure there's something to put here...

The genius thing is kinda cool.  If only for recommendations of music to get.

Matthies

• View Profile
« Reply #52342 on: September 12, 2008, 02:38:31 PM »
WMP11.

two: I'm an album guy, rather than individual tracks, so wmp album stacking behind artist is really useful.
three: better integration with WMC, etc (although the necessity for that has fallen off somewhat.)
four: wma is pretty decent.  otherwise have to use high bitrate mp3 to get everything to work together.  aac has a bunch of limitations.
five: auto monitoring (I typically purcahse from amazon and i have an e-music account, so it's really helpful to not have to constantly import everything.)

I can see that, I think by its nature (apeal to as many people as possible) Itunes is dumbed down, Apple tends to make thinks simple and intutive at the cost of power users I think. In an effort to appeal to the masses they left out things audiofiles would think should be standerd. As an example you would think there would be a dealte all duplicates option, but there is not if you have 500 duplicate songs you have to delete each one manually. They likely did that so you could not screw up and delte half your music, but for a power user its annoying.

mugatu

• View Profile
« Reply #52343 on: September 12, 2008, 02:42:09 PM »
so...we'll see.  i'm going to ponder.

i kinda want the orange one.  or the blue one.

« Reply #52344 on: September 12, 2008, 03:21:11 PM »

mugatu

• View Profile
« Reply #52345 on: September 12, 2008, 03:23:32 PM »
lol

http://www.fresnobee.com/263/story/848554.html

beautiful.

drugs are awesome.  they make up, like, half of the interesting crim cases.

« Reply #52346 on: September 12, 2008, 04:26:37 PM »
I still really like Mike Doughty.

Why would you ever stop?

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #52347 on: September 12, 2008, 05:03:52 PM »
Took my daughter to lunch at the American Indian Museum.  Had frybread and buffalo.  Yum.

Harvey Dent

• Nothing bad ever happens on the dirt road...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52348 on: September 12, 2008, 05:04:49 PM »

Astro

• Happy birthday goalie!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52349 on: September 12, 2008, 05:17:27 PM »
WMP11.

I can see that, I think by its nature (apeal to as many people as possible) Itunes is dumbed down, Apple tends to make thinks simple and intutive at the cost of power users I think. In an effort to appeal to the masses they left out things audiofiles would think should be standerd. As an example you would think there would be a dealte all duplicates option, but there is not if you have 500 duplicate songs you have to delete each one manually. They likely did that so you could not screw up and delte half your music, but for a power user its annoying.

You two basically just summed up everything I was going to say.

Also, I need new music.  Badly.  That's what the next two weeks are for.