Law School Discussion

SFLSD: Oh! The inhumanities.

Miss P

• View Profile
Re: SFLSD: Brutally Effective.
« Reply #51980 on: September 08, 2008, 03:45:19 AM »
P, you may be in for a wait with those Sunday morning talk shows:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/09/palin-media-a-2.html

"Sarah Palin won't subject herself to any tough questions from reporters 'until the point in time when she'll be treated with respect and deference.'"

Oh, oh!  I should have reported: she is apparently sitting for interviews with Charlie Gibson this week, to air Friday or Saturday.  Given his abysmal performance at the Democratic primary debate last spring, I expect he will be very "deferential."  Crikey these people are manipulative and infuriating (a la jeffislouie).

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #51981 on: September 08, 2008, 03:48:06 AM »
Blondie in the Heart of Glass video kind of makes me want to chop my hair chin-length again but dye it really excessively blonde, too.

I think this would be lovely!

Also, OMG my seminar reading is so repetitive and long and I have not gotten to my reading for any of my three classes tomorrow. Boooo!

::high fives::

Make that ten, actually.

ETA: Does this sentence strike anyone else as incredibly insipid? "Instead, some complex socially constructed system combining organizational structures, rules and procedure, and technologies must be crafted."

Yes.  Why "must [it] be crafted"?  And what will this presumably achieve? 

I think the worst part about this sentence is not the content, however, but the passive voice.

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #51982 on: September 08, 2008, 03:48:49 AM »
So this strikes me as depraved:

http://www.sidetaker.com

I could see this taking off.  It's kind of terrifying.

Gengiswump

• "she's a tough mfer, but she knows how to party"
    • View Profile
« Reply #51983 on: September 08, 2008, 07:53:56 AM »

"Sarah Palin won't subject herself to any tough questions from reporters 'until the point in time when she'll be treated with respect and deference.'"

Deference?  Who does she think she is, the Grand Poobah?

Gengiswump

• View Profile
« Reply #51984 on: September 08, 2008, 07:56:09 AM »
aren't we supposed to like Chris Brown? I should preview some tracks.

Quality dancer, the music's pretty boring, IMO.

Gengiswump

• View Profile
« Reply #51985 on: September 08, 2008, 07:59:03 AM »
Can anyone think of a movie where hackers save the world or do something heroic and catch the bad guys using their computers and their big ol' brains alone? There must be lots like that, right?

You mean like . . . Hackers?

Hackers

(that's the title)

Yeah... That's the only one I could think of. I was hoping for something slightly less far-fetched, but was coming up short.

ETA: But thanks!

Actually, as I think about it, it doesn't have to be hackers. I'm just looking for a video clip of people using computers to solve crimes.

You mean like . . . War Games?

Or certain bits of Real GeniusGoldeneye?  Most of the "CSI" canon?

ETA:  Does it have to be something a computer can actually do?

Gengiswump

• View Profile
« Reply #51986 on: September 08, 2008, 08:02:41 AM »

Deference? Who does she think she is, the Grand Poobah?

I say throw her to Mike Wallace.

Would that be like the TV news equivalent of "harpooning" or more along the lines of "dolphin safe tuna"?

Matthies

• View Profile
« Reply #51987 on: September 08, 2008, 09:39:06 AM »
So Mu I dropped Mobile Me, turns out I can just use Igoogle and google mail/calander to do everything I wanted. I just wanted to be able to check my mail/clander from anouther computer that did not have outlook on it, so I could keep one primary outlook and just check e-mail and stuff from any computer. Gmail and igoogle seems to have solved that and auto checking for e-mail on iphone is free, I not as worried about have to delate mutplile same e-mails as I am not being able to check if something comes in but on my main outlook computer. Does this sound like to you the easeist and free way to do that?

Thistle

• View Profile
« Reply #51988 on: September 08, 2008, 10:18:15 AM »

Deference? Who does she think she is, the Grand Poobah?

I say throw her to Mike Wallace.

Would that be like the TV news equivalent of "harpooning" or more along the lines of "dolphin safe tuna"?

I'd say it's more like the TV news equivalent of "step on your head and pop it like a zit." I haven't seen him pull any punches with people who could start a global nuclear armageddon, so I don't know why anyone in the McCain camp should feel she needs to be handled with kid gloves.

because she has no substance?

mugatu

• I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51989 on: September 08, 2008, 10:53:40 AM »
So Mu I dropped Mobile Me, turns out I can just use Igoogle and google mail/calander to do everything I wanted. I just wanted to be able to check my mail/clander from anouther computer that did not have outlook on it, so I could keep one primary outlook and just check e-mail and stuff from any computer. Gmail and igoogle seems to have solved that and auto checking for e-mail on iphone is free, I not as worried about have to delate mutplile same e-mails as I am not being able to check if something comes in but on my main outlook computer. Does this sound like to you the easeist and free way to do that?

yes