Law School Discussion

SFLSD: Oh! The inhumanities.

Gengiswump

• "she's a tough mfer, but she knows how to party"
    • View Profile
Re: SFLSD: Brutally Effective.
« Reply #51430 on: September 01, 2008, 05:47:08 PM »
Are people done talking about me yet?

Goalie's ricotta sounds awfully complicated . . .

[Edited] for horrifically simple gramatical error.

Gengiswump

• View Profile
« Reply #51431 on: September 01, 2008, 05:56:20 PM »
:::bad grammars thread in chest:::

Gengiswump

• View Profile
« Reply #51432 on: September 01, 2008, 06:02:18 PM »
No, it's a veggie, I think.  Besides, Goalie's too much a fruit hardliner to relax her stance for a lasagna, right?

Gengiswump

• View Profile
« Reply #51433 on: September 01, 2008, 06:17:54 PM »
<----is confuzzled WRT the dirt road.

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #51434 on: September 01, 2008, 07:23:57 PM »
I just took a look at my old PS for law school apps.

Wow.

Are you surprised by (a) how good it is; (b) how bad it was; (c) the fact that you don't remember writing it; (d) what it said, or (e) something else?

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #51435 on: September 01, 2008, 07:29:31 PM »
Is it really necessary to pick sides? G and mu took it elsewhere for a reason. Chastising g doesn't do anything to help the situation and is, imo, unfair to her. If they want our opinions, they can ask for them.

I demur as to the characterization of my post as "taking sides."  I rather intended to clarify my (earlier-stated) position on the matter. 

The norm around here seems to be that we say what we think about conversations that are happening in the thread (abiding, of course, by other norms such as not revealing personal information; politeness, depending on the posters involved; etc.).  This is true when people gang up on one person about something s/he said, when there is an all-out gender war, when interlopers come in and pick fights, etc.  I don't know what makes this conversation different.  Indeed, this conversation, in particular, seemed like fair game, since it was about language usage, which is both a frequent topic here and a topic in which posters who were not originally involved may have a stake.  For instance, since I had made various comments about the storms in this and other threads, I wanted to know what kinds of things seemed insensitive to G, or provoked her anger.

Finally, you may be right that the conflict between Mu and G was personal, but that was not at all apparent to me (and I know something of their personal history); I certainly don't think that it's fair to expect others to be aware of that.

I am not trying to start a fight; I would just like us to sort things out so that this doesn't happen again in the thread.  If you still think that people should not comment in this thread on conflicts between other posters, I will probably respect your wishes, but that would also mean that I stay out of conflicts that I would otherwise join to defend you and others with whom I nearly always agree.  Let me know what you think.

G, I was talking to you, not about you. 

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #51436 on: September 01, 2008, 07:30:46 PM »
It made me remember who I am a little bit.

I don't know which category that falls into. 

I think maybe that's not "surprised" at all, but something else.  Or maybe it's (d) or (e). 

Was that good or bad?

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #51437 on: September 01, 2008, 07:42:53 PM »
Arg!  It took me the entire f-ing day to get the damn satellite up and working.  Grumble.  Welcome back to life in a thirty foot aluminum box.

ION, I'm going to the Abramoff sentencing on Thursday - hopefully this will inspire me to finally finish the #@$%^%$ book.  Also, there's purportedly a hurricane heading my way (not so cool, being that we're in a 30' aluminum box.)  Also, a huge, I mean HUGE, yellow jacket stung me on my earlobe this evening - even with copious amounts of topical and oral benedryl (and ibuprofen) the entire right side of my face and neck hurt.  The damn thing was the size of a mutant bumble bee.  ARG.

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #51438 on: September 01, 2008, 07:49:13 PM »
Twice the size of regular bumble bees.  Or the size of Maine mosquitoes.

« Reply #51439 on: September 01, 2008, 07:50:03 PM »

I am not trying to start a fight; I would just like us to sort things out so that this doesn't happen again in the thread.  If you still think that people should not comment in this thread on conflicts between other posters, I will probably respect your wishes, but that would also mean that I stay out of conflicts that I would otherwise join to defend you and others with whom I nearly always agree.  Let me know what you think.

My opinion is that, at the point when two people say "okay, let's take this elsewhere," it's no longer fair game.