Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SFLSD: Oh! The inhumanities.  (Read 2614715 times)

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
Re: SFLSD: ION, ETA.
« Reply #20790 on: July 16, 2007, 12:58:36 PM »
That's kind of what I thought  :-\ And these things just get terribly off schedule. Especially since we're going to the offices...I'd imagine it's easier to take your sweet time when you're on home turf.

I'm excited! I'd been a little worried that this trip wasn't going to be worth it from an interview standpoint...but even with canceling a couple, I'll still have 9 interviews.

That is rad! And sounds really promising!

I'll bet you're going to get to hang out in some really swanky lobbies! With fancy leather chairs!

Am I shallow for judging employers by the swankiness of their lobby and the plushness of their toilet paper?

Of course not!  :D

I figure if you're going to go work some fancy firm with lots of money, it's nice to see that they use it in a tasteful way?

And of course good food.  I hear they feed you well, which is always one of my priorities.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #20791 on: July 16, 2007, 01:06:26 PM »
That's kind of what I thought  :-\ And these things just get terribly off schedule. Especially since we're going to the offices...I'd imagine it's easier to take your sweet time when you're on home turf.

I'm excited! I'd been a little worried that this trip wasn't going to be worth it from an interview standpoint...but even with canceling a couple, I'll still have 9 interviews.

That is rad! And sounds really promising!
I'll bet you're going to get to hang out in some really swanky lobbies! With fancy leather chairs!

Am I shallow for judging employers by the swankiness of their lobby and the plushness of their toilet paper?

Of course not!  :D

I figure if you're going to go work some fancy firm with lots of money, it's nice to see that they use it in a tasteful way?

And of course good food.  I hear they feed you well, which is always one of my priorities.

You, lady, are someone I would love to go out to eat with someday. You don't mess around about good food!

How good did that porcini mushroom thing that Alci was talking about sound? I was almost drooling!

Definitely! You should come to AA!  Or maybe (hopefully) I'll make it to SF one day.  You definitely have the upper hand on awesome food options.

Yeah, it sounded really good.  I'm too lazy to make something like that (I don't do pastry, unless it's puff pastry from the freezer), and I love mushrooms, so that sounded like heaven!  Between the cooking classes and daily meals (filet mignon? gourmet chocolate cake?) and weekend retreats, being a summer sounds like the best gig in the world.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #20792 on: July 16, 2007, 01:07:42 PM »
<--starving

Isn't it almost lunchtime for you?  Have something yummy for us!

Goalie, when are you going to DC?  I'll be there on the first, but you'll prolly be gone by then.

lsn

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #20793 on: July 16, 2007, 01:19:49 PM »
Hey! It's a Chica! She's not dead!

You pulled a pretty stunning d-dub there, lady. That was epic.

And  :-[ :) to Cady. Thanks!

<--starving

Isn't it almost lunchtime for you?  Have something yummy for us!

Goalie, when are you going to DC?  I'll be there on the first, but you'll prolly be gone by then.

Yeah, I'm doing a really quick drive-by trip tomorrow through Thursday. You and I are always like two ships in the night, aren't we?  :D

I have to say that considering how many people I want to see (and meet! lolz@having internetz friends) who are going to be in Ann Arbor for the next three years, I am almost 100% certain that I will make it out there soon enough. We can have a dinner party!
Having Chica and Moni here while we're talking about good food seems very serendipitous.

Definitely!  I love dinner parties.  I'm thinking of having one at my friend's place (for her and all our other DC friends) while I'm there, though obviously I'd have to ask her first.

And yes, Chica is another person I have to cook/eat with.

lsn

Le Docteur De Peste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ashes, ashes, we all fall down.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20794 on: July 16, 2007, 01:21:52 PM »
::pops in to find SFLSD: The View::

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #20795 on: July 16, 2007, 01:28:07 PM »
Aww, you guys are sweet!   :-*

I would love to eat with you guys too!  Cady is also a fantastic person to eat with.  We always just end up sharing whatever we get, since we always seem to be deciding between the same two dishes.   :D

When the brit joins me in NYC and I have my own place, y'all are cordially invited to a dinner party.   ;D

::ignores guys::

You know you're welcome in AA too!

/gak

lsn

Le Docteur De Peste

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20796 on: July 16, 2007, 01:34:23 PM »
I don't think I've ever had hearts of palm. [/:C]

Le Docteur De Peste

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20797 on: July 16, 2007, 01:36:39 PM »
are they anything like bamboo shoots?

Wiki says it also goes by "swamp cabbage".  ???

Le Docteur De Peste

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20798 on: July 16, 2007, 01:43:47 PM »
::chests palm in the heart::

Le Docteur De Peste

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile