Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SFLSD: Oh! The inhumanities.  (Read 2681128 times)

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
  • I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
Re: SFLSD: We're gonna hang out soon.
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2007, 09:58:53 PM »
I'll keep a list:

Mu
Goalie
J (+1, maybe)
Miss P
Cal
Credo

let me know...i'll attempt to update this.
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

They're break-dance fighting.

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
  • Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2007, 10:01:18 PM »
Yeah.  My +1 will be a maybe up until the night of the shindig.  Just count her out for now.
Pish, J only wants to waste YOUR time.  Get wise.

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2007, 10:06:20 PM »
I'm down for moving from one place to the next and trying a new drink at each one, Edmonton-style.  hahahahaha

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2007, 10:12:07 PM »
In an ironic turn of events, Goalie shows that everyone thinks about Polk street the exact same way.

That's a great idea, also, ironically, the other bars are uphill of tonic, so no worrying needed about the stumbling.
Let me show you Derelicte. It is a fashion, a way of life inspired by the very homeless, the vagrants, the crack whores that make this wonderful city so unique.

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2007, 10:12:54 PM »
Fair enough.

I sort of see it going like this:

We all meet somewhere cozy and relaxing.  A small restaurant, perhaps.  We have a small meal (maybe some appetizers) while we sip on drinks and wait for everyone to arrive.  We hang around and chat for a bit.

At a set time, we get up and move to place number two.  This place is slightly louder/has cheap drinks.  We hang here for a bit, still chatting, etc.  This place and the previous place are the only two places that we specifically list in our plans.  This one is just in case someone's running really late.  After this, if you're not with us, you're on your own.

Now quite drunk, we do a quick tour.  We go to a few places and have a new drink at each place.  If we do it Edmonton-style and we don't have to worry about crazy line-ups, then this doesn't take more than an hour and a half. 

When we're done this, we should be right smashed.  We find ourselves a late-night dessert place/something in this vein, and just hang out until we all feel like it's time to head on home.  Everyone goes their respective way; J sleeps in the street where he belongs.

Thoughts?

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2007, 10:14:05 PM »
That's one way to save on rent...   :D

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2007, 10:20:31 PM »
Well, that does sound lovely. Possibly a tall order, especially because, while there are many cute places to get a small meal or appetizers and drinks on Polk Street, most of them are not cheap. We had selected a possible cheap dinner place, but Cal and I raised the objection that it doesn't serve drinks. Mumble. Maybe I should scout out Hyde street for a place like that. Actually, a cozy restaurant with appetizers and good drinks would be The Bell Tower. I may start agitating for that to be the starting place (although I worry about the space, depending on how many people are going to show).

And Mu, I thought you'd like the idea of starting at Tonic, since it's by you. You're probably right about the hill, although it's not steep. Maybe we start at the Bell Tower and then move to Tonic?

Sounds like you guys are way ahead of me.  I will say two things here.

1.  Hills do not scare me.  I don't care about them.  In South Africa, I had classes at the bottom and at the top of a huge, steep hill.  I'm used to scampering up and down such obstacles with an unbalanced load of books on my back, so I'll be fine.

2.  I don't mind walking long distances.  If this means we get to go to better/cheaper places, then I'm down.  This is especially true when I get drunk -- I have been known to walk miles aimlessly at such times.  Also been known to do penguin dives on golf courses.  That was fun.

mugatu

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2007, 10:22:43 PM »
I have no issue with any part of the planning as of yet.

But, speaking of the city, i think it's time I drove back there.

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2007, 10:26:28 PM »
Ditto for going back home.  Don't leave this thread, people!  It's turning into a lot of fun!

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2007, 10:28:45 PM »
No, no!  We still need to find out what people like to drink, etc., etc.  I need to start brainstorming a drink for each one of you.

Where's Miss P?  Damn her!