Law School Discussion

SFLSD: Oh! The inhumanities.

mugatu

• I'll show YOU pacifist.
    • View Profile
<----bad listener

Hardly.  :D

I don't think I'd mentioned how our dodad works (if I did, I forgot) and I haven't keep everybody else's requirements straight.

I do remember that Credo was videotaped, in all his good-lookin' glory.  Was Mu?

Ok I'm off for some hot tea.

I was videotaped.  It went ok.  I had a couple too many hand motions, though.

I need to practice my argument.

::continues to g-dub::

mugatu

• View Profile
then why are you courting the ice queen?

she said herself I'm an anti-ice queen troll.

She was just flirting.

I'm booooooooored.

I tried to start a new subject, but it was too heavy. Unless anyone wants to talk about death.

whose?

Our own?

I just realized I'm pretty scared of dying when I stop to think about it.. No-brainer? My grand 'rents were talking about it a lot. They're quite graceful about it, though. My grandpa thinks it's silly to stretch medicine to its limits to keep oneself alive (he's a doc), and seems pretty comfortable with the idea that it could happen at any time. He's also 83, though.

Hmmm...I don't think much of it. 

My grandpa is about the same way.  Or, rather, when he hit 82 he was just kind of over it.  Not in a bad way, but just like, "Yep.  It's been good.  Whatever."*

*He didn't actually say that, exactly.

::continues::

mugatu

• View Profile
I think I'm also more scared of being old than I am of being dead.

I do get a little nervous about what may happen when I die, sometimes.

Theres nothing to be nervous about Cady: You will find yourself standing in front of a great elevator with one button and two arrows.  You push it, get in, doors close, red arrow lights up and it plummets you straight to hell.

Yay! Hell!

Being scared of hell kept me in the church for so long that it's hard to not let that fear affect me sometimes.

Ugh.

That's how they get ya'.

::continues::

Ok, so I'm clearly missing a guilt gene.  I went to church 3+ times a week, taught sunday school, biblestudy, the whole shebang - pretty much right up until I moved for UG, and whenever I went home to visit.  I was not a virgin, I drank like a fish, and still consider(ed) myself a believer.

Where does the guilt come in?  Why does it for some more than others?

(Is this too weird/heavy a convo for right now?)

not really.  i think it might have to do with the waspy protestant church i went to with ministers who grew up in new england.  i don't think i am going out on a limb in saying it is a cultural thing.

I think it had to do with the particular teachings of my church and my mentors. There was a lot of focus on purity and living a holy life.  (GOD the ugly kiss girls are distracting). I got that in my family too...apparently, when I was a pre-teen, I swore to my parents that I would never, ever drink, because it was wrong. My dad still gives me *&^% about that. All of my cousins who have lived with SOs are "living in sin." My great-aunt didn't even think her granddaughter deserved to get married, because she'd lived with her boyfriend for like a year and a half before they were married. And all of this was tied into being a good Christian.

Amen

mugatu

• View Profile
The best part of dumping Jesus was the unrestrained drinking binges

and being able to fully enjoy premarital sex without the guilt afterwards

(especially when it coincided with an unrestrained drinking binge)

Maybe I'm missing some sort of guilt gene?

i mean her guilt, my hs ex, like after she orgasmed she would cry, and then i would have mixed feelings about sex, until the next opportunity arose....

Ok, so I'm clearly missing a guilt gene.  I went to church 3+ times a week, taught sunday school, biblestudy, the whole shebang - pretty much right up until I moved for UG, and whenever I went home to visit.  I was not a virgin, I drank like a fish, and still consider(ed) myself a believer.

Where does the guilt come in?  Why does it for some more than others?

(Is this too weird/heavy a convo for right now?)

I think it had to do with the particular teachings of my church and my mentors. There was a lot of focus on purity and living a holy life.  (GOD the ugly kiss girls are distracting). I got that in my family too...apparently, when I was a pre-teen, I swore to my parents that I would never, ever drink, because it was wrong. My dad still gives me sh*t about that. All of my cousins who have lived with SOs are "living in sin." My great-aunt didn't even think her granddaughter deserved to get married, because she'd lived with her boyfriend for like a year and a half before they were married. And all of this was tied into being a good Christian.

The pope stated that "Cafeteria Catholics" were inappropriate.  I called his bluff.

mugatu

• View Profile
Re: SFLSD: MomjokekowabungadeadbabiesGAK inyourendo
« Reply #7536 on: April 09, 2007, 07:07:13 PM »
This title can only stay for so long until I freak out.

Miss P

• View Profile
I'm back to g-dubbing.

Sorry, I got caught up in bookworm.  Why're we making out with people and how do I get in on that?

I don't know if anyone has volunteered yet, but I'm happy to take one for the team.

mugatu

• View Profile
« Reply #7538 on: April 09, 2007, 07:12:59 PM »
This title can only stay for so long until I freak out.

What's to freak about?

It doesn't allow me to ignore the baby/dead jokes.

I will say, to wrap up my uncharacteristically serious posts, that there are Christians I love, adore, and admire greatly.

Of course.

mugatu

• View Profile
« Reply #7539 on: April 09, 2007, 07:14:28 PM »
Nefarious tree trimming!

IIED is fun.

Background?