Law School Discussion

SFLSD: Oh! The inhumanities.

Matthies

• View Profile
    • Tell me where you are going to school and you get a cat!
Re: SFLSD: Feeling you.
« Reply #64610 on: February 20, 2009, 11:11:55 AM »
BTW, Cady, eldest daughter will probably end up at your namesake school ;).  Very fitting for my budding feminaz...er, feminist.

she should just marry a good man, education won't make her a better wife!

this post offensive to miss p for both substance and comma splice.

See but if I had an uneducated wife she could not correct my english nd get all uppity!

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #64611 on: February 20, 2009, 11:18:31 AM »
BTW, Cady, eldest daughter will probably end up at your namesake school ;).  Very fitting for my budding feminaz...er, feminist.

what exactly qualifies her as a budding feminist?

no seriously, somebody explain this to me.

Stan, the definition of feminist is clearly going to vary from person to person, for many reasons.  I can tell you that my definition will be distinctly different from many non-NDN women/men, as I did not experience Teh Patriarchy as a defining force, i.e., on every part/experience of my life, particularly at home, but rather as a pressure which I had to negotiate as a person for whom it was foreign, not inherent.  For me, egalitarianism is the norm, not the change we want to be [/Obamabot].  Patriarchy is just one more nasty germ brought over with European culture by Columbus and his crew.

Elephant Lee

• Maybe ju an' me are amigos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64612 on: February 20, 2009, 11:18:32 AM »
In the broadest sense, it's the belief that women are equal, Socrates.

« Reply #64613 on: February 20, 2009, 11:21:57 AM »
I just read one of Cady's posts as if it was written by "Anthony." She should change her handle to that.

Would people take me more seriously and stop thinking I'm too contentious/angry if I express an opinion?

« Reply #64614 on: February 20, 2009, 11:26:04 AM »

If she needs extra lessons in The Patriarchy and How to Approach Every Situation Without Humor, or she wants to have a craft hour to make her own How Humorless is this Feminist Today? chart, do let me know.

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #64615 on: February 20, 2009, 11:29:27 AM »

If she needs extra lessons in The Patriarchy and How to Approach Every Situation Without Humor, or she wants to have a craft hour to make her own How Humorless is this Feminist Today? chart, do let me know.

I'm friends with Amanda Marcotte and Melissa McEwan, and already have them lined up for her 1HF. You'll have to teach the higher level courses. ;)

« Reply #64616 on: February 20, 2009, 11:32:43 AM »
I'll practice my dour face.

Elephant Lee

• Maybe ju an' me are amigos!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64617 on: February 20, 2009, 11:36:04 AM »
In the broadest sense, it's the belief that women are equal, Socrates.

equal as in their welfare has equal value to the welfare of men?
Welfare or worth could work, but equal ability is also an aspect.

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #64618 on: February 20, 2009, 11:39:11 AM »

Make sure you bring your male voodoo doll (anatomically correct, of course).   ;)

« Reply #64619 on: February 20, 2009, 11:40:07 AM »

Make sure you bring your male voodoo doll (anatomically correct, of course).   ;)

I might have to get a new one. My usual one was anatomically correct, but I put it to good use...