Law School Discussion

SFLSD: Oh! The inhumanities.

goaliechica

• It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
Re: SFLSD: Feeling you.
« Reply #64160 on: February 09, 2009, 10:02:25 PM »
The Swedish movie is called Let The Right One In.  It's a vampire movie with feeling and brains, from what I understand.  Google it and you'll read nothing but terrific reviews.

Intriguing! I would totally netflix that and watch it someday if the redhead still kept up on his netflixing. I think we've had some obscure japanese film lying around for months and months that we can't bring ourselves to watch but also feel like we shouldn't return without watching, so the Netflix is sort of dormant these days.
I'm kind of a sucker (har) for vampire stuff even without so many brains (although these days I guess that means Twilight, which seems dreadful - I mean more like Anne Rice and Buffy, although I would say that Buffy has feelings and brains, too).

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #64161 on: February 09, 2009, 10:04:30 PM »
On the subject of vampires, I began downloading the first season of the X Files, and already have my girls addicted to it.  Even my six year old.  Am I a bad mom?  8)

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #64162 on: February 09, 2009, 10:06:35 PM »
Viva Buffy!

And I love your mom-style, MBW.  We should all have such cool moms.

goaliechica

• It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64163 on: February 09, 2009, 10:09:20 PM »
On the subject of vampires, I began downloading the first season of the X Files, and already have my girls addicted to it.  Even my six year old.  Am I a bad mom?  8)

No way! Although some of the eps might be kind of scary? I imagine it totally depends on the kid.

Favorite X-Files ep, anyone? I think Home is still the one that sticks with me the most. I definitely preferred the stand-alone episodes. Did everyone? Were they just better, or was that just a matter of personal preference?

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #64164 on: February 09, 2009, 10:13:06 PM »
I also liked the stand-alone ones best, especially if they played out like mysteries (as opposed to metaphysical musings).  I didn't watch faithfully at the time, though.

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #64165 on: February 09, 2009, 10:14:34 PM »
Viva Buffy!

And I love your mom-style, MBW.  We should all have such cool moms.

Ha! Check with my kids in 10 years.  I'm sure they'll be writing Mommy Dearest II :)

No way! Although some of the eps might be kind of scary? I imagine it totally depends on the kid.

Favorite X-Files ep, anyone? I think Home is still the one that sticks with me the most. I definitely preferred the stand-alone episodes. Did everyone? Were they just better, or was that just a matter of personal preference?

I like a lot of the stand alones too.  Though, I missed the first season myself (was turned on to it by my professor-turned-partner-turned-LOR ;)..) and it's kinda fun to watch these for the first time with my kids. But it's hard not to tell them how it turns out in the end.  Well, what we think is the end, neh?  ;D

« Reply #64166 on: February 09, 2009, 10:18:26 PM »
I can't watch anything that's even remotely startling/scary/spooky.  I do like to watch reruns of Full House late at night though?

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #64167 on: February 09, 2009, 10:20:16 PM »
wtf - it's past midnight already? !@#$

I just had this realization.

Good night, ladies and gents.

« Reply #64168 on: February 09, 2009, 10:20:32 PM »

so much work, so little time. sigh.

You should have started your day an hour later.

« Reply #64169 on: February 09, 2009, 10:22:09 PM »

I just had this realization.

Good night, ladies and gents.

Night P!

Also, I just saw about that thing--ouch!  I hope the pain is better.  :(