SFLSD: Oh! The inhumanities.

goaliechica

• It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
Re: SFLSD: Shouldn't we all?
« Reply #53700 on: October 01, 2008, 08:09:58 PM »
Hi!

::summertowns::

Did they toss you out due to your bare heel?

No, but they were eyeing it. I could tell!

SFLSD

• View Profile
« Reply #53701 on: October 01, 2008, 08:12:08 PM »
No, but they were eyeing it. I could tell!

That's not what they were eyeing.  ;)

goaliechica

• View Profile

« Reply #53703 on: October 01, 2008, 08:16:38 PM »
Heh

http://gawker.com/5057710/to-all-the-sad-young-white-media-interns-working-for-free

"What inspired you to get into journalism, kid? I'll tell you what got me into it: journalism"

It's kind of like crack.

And bacon salt.

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #53704 on: October 01, 2008, 08:25:07 PM »
::giggles::

::weeps::

Speaking of, um, white and non-white journos, wtf with this Gwen Ifill ish?  I think it's flat-out racist, but it's probably a good idea for Obama to ask the people who run the debates to replace her to avoid any appearance of impropriety, right?  My god, white people are paranoid about black racial solidarity.

goaliechica

• View Profile
« Reply #53705 on: October 01, 2008, 08:28:20 PM »

Speaking of, um, white and non-white journos, wtf with this Gwen Ifill ish?  I think it's flat-out racist, but it's probably a good idea for Obama to ask the people who run the debates to replace her to avoid any appearance of impropriety, right?  My god, white people are paranoid about black racial solidarity.

Okay, I have totally missed this coverage, so I am trying to guess what has happened based on what you just said. Are you saying that people are saying that the fact that Gwen Ifill is black means she won't be an impartial moderator, or would somehow at least give the appearance of partiality? Despite her excellent moderation in the past? HOLY f-ing *&^% WHAT THE @#!*????

Maybe that's not what happened?

« Reply #53706 on: October 01, 2008, 08:31:44 PM »
Isn't there something about a book she's publishing?

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #53707 on: October 01, 2008, 08:32:26 PM »

Okay, I have totally missed this coverage, so I am trying to guess what has happened based on what you just said. Are you saying that people are saying that the fact that Gwen Ifill is black means she won't be an impartial moderator, or would somehow at least give the appearance of partiality? Despite her excellent moderation in the past? HOLY f-ing *&^% WHAT THE @#!*????

Maybe that's not what happened?

Ah, ah, no.  It's a bit less offensive than that!  Ifill is writing a book about race in American politics to be published on inauguration day next year in which there will be an (as yet unwritten) chapter about Obama and this year's presidential election.  Apparently the McCain campaign didn't learn this until today, and it is crying foul.  http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10/01/debate-moderators-objectivity-questioned/

goaliechica

• View Profile
« Reply #53708 on: October 01, 2008, 08:33:43 PM »
I guess I could google things before I get mad. But what would be the fun in that?

Still, I don't know about that. At what point does an experienced moderator get disqualified?

« Reply #53709 on: October 01, 2008, 08:35:31 PM »
I guess I could google things before I get mad. But what would be the fun in that?

Still, I don't know about that. At what point does an experienced moderator get disqualified?

The spin is pretty silly.

"VP debate moderator Ifill releasing pro-Obama book"

"Columnist Michelle Malkin, in a post on her blog today, wonders how Ifill can objectively moderate the debate tomorrow night with the personal interest she has in the election's outcome."

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=76645

Ah, ah, no.  It's a bit less offensive than that!  Ifill is writing a book about race in American politics to be published on inauguration day next year in which there will be an (as yet unwritten) chapter about Obama and this year's presidential election.  Apparently the McCain campaign didn't learn this until today, and it is crying foul.  http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10/01/debate-moderators-objectivity-questioned/

Oh, and everyone knows NYTimes isn't a journalism organization anymore; it's an obama advocacy group.  McCain campaign says so.