Law School Discussion

SFLSD: Oh! The inhumanities.

goaliechica

• It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
Re: SFLSD: Perspicacity.
« Reply #47480 on: July 07, 2008, 09:32:08 PM »
A friend of mine is looking for some romantic advice:

Okay, so he reconnects with a girl he hasn't seen since junior high via facebook.  It turns out they live in the same Chicago neighborhood.  They agree to meet up and things go well . . .

She takes him back to her place and then proceeds to talk about another junior high friend who, she claims, she's had a crush on for years.  Two hours go by and then he goes home.  Some other guy shows up at her house -- another mutual friend.

any thoughts on where he should proceed?  I told him it's a lost and odd cause.

Doesn't sound promising, no. But also doesn't sound like it would be awkward or too forward to try for another meet-up.

papercranes

• Beer Lao. Why did I leave and come to law school?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47481 on: July 07, 2008, 09:32:53 PM »

Okay, so he reconnects with a girl he hasn't seen since junior high via facebook.  It turns out they live in the same Chicago neighborhood.  They agree to meet up and things go well . . .

She takes him back to her place and then proceeds to talk about another junior high friend who, she claims, she's had a crush on for years.  Two hours go by and then he goes home.  Some other guy shows up at her house -- another mutual friend.

huh? I don't quite follow

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #47482 on: July 07, 2008, 09:39:36 PM »
I envy your class of 10 or 09 or whatever.  You guys stuck around, like very tenacious stickers.

I told you that Tim Mitchell would be big.

yeah, we're the old fogies of lsd now.

i like tim mithcell, i didnt at first, but now i do.

Me too.  He really annoyed me at first, but yeah, he's rather clever (and we're now LSAT twins, though he finds it the bane of his existence :P.)

Tom, I was only teasing.  I've just seen way too many effects of global warming in the past few weeks - can you lay off it for a while? ;)

papercranes

• View Profile
« Reply #47483 on: July 07, 2008, 09:41:34 PM »
what's there to follow?

Guy meets up with girl in chi-town.

Girl takes guy back to place.

Girl talks about other guy for two hours.  Also, she texts him.

What now?

What was the pretense of the meeting? I'm assuming guy wants girl? did he do anything about it? this whole story is sort of a non-event without more details
The tail end of this is that she called him several times after this.  It's a blatant example of mixed signals.

is it? like I said above, maybe she doesn't realize "your friend" is interested?

ETA: hey Goals, moving out to your state in a month! bloody thrilled. As of last week, I have an American address. finally.
M: are you still in the area or have you moved on?

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #47484 on: July 07, 2008, 09:50:01 PM »
PC, I've been moving east at high speed since last Thursday, to a vowel state in the Midwest which is not Iowa. ;). I'll be staffing a Congressional campaign until the election.  Tonight, we're in Peoria! 

goaliechica

• It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47485 on: July 07, 2008, 10:03:23 PM »
ETA: hey G, moving out to your state in a month! bloody thrilled. As of last week, I have an American address. finally.

Oooh, fabulous! I wish I knew more about the Southern parts in general, but I'm excited for the west coast solidarity!

(Also, since we're hoping you'll hang around here more often, we have a different "G" around these parts (Gengis), so I usually just go by goals or goalie  :)).

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #47486 on: July 07, 2008, 10:05:53 PM »
::calls off 5 of 7 plagues. considers it a steal::

You left the ones on Utah and Idaho, right?  (At least, the non-Indian, super-red parts :p)

papercranes

• View Profile
« Reply #47487 on: July 07, 2008, 10:12:20 PM »
ETA: hey G, moving out to your state in a month! bloody thrilled. As of last week, I have an American address. finally.

Oooh, fabulous! I wish I knew more about the Southern parts in general, but I'm excited for the west coast solidarity!

(Also, since we're hoping you'll hang around here more often, we have a different "G" around these parts (Gengis), so I usually just go by goals or goalie  :)).

::goes back::
::erases evidence of social faux pas:: ;)

hollowman988

• I took her home after midnight...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47488 on: July 07, 2008, 10:17:03 PM »

Doesn't sound promising, no. But also doesn't sound like it would be awkward or too forward to try for another meet-up.

Is there a receiving line outside? Is she a hooker? Maybe she sells black market video games? Whatever she does, she probably does not have the hots for your friend.

Also, back of the napkin calculation on an evening meet-up puts this mutual friend at her house at an hour when naughty things happen. Unless they had brunch.

« Reply #47489 on: July 07, 2008, 10:18:02 PM »
I bet she has "slut" tattooed on her neck.