Law School Discussion

Tier 2 and Proud!

Re: Tier 2 and Proud!
« Reply #160 on: January 26, 2007, 11:45:24 AM »
I got a letter in the mail today (althought it came last week when I was away) inviting me to apply to Brooklyn a month after I had sent in my application. 

*face palm*

That happened to me as well as a friend of mine. She had two email adresses so the "why don't you apply?" email went to one, not the other. I was in Brooklyn;s computer twice: once with and once without my middle initial, so one of "me" got the e-mail while the othr got a letter indicating that I should consider a retake on the LSAT.

Boss

• You've gotta be cruel to be kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 26, 2007, 11:49:43 AM »
I got a letter in the mail today (althought it came last week when I was away) inviting me to apply to Brooklyn a month after I had sent in my application. 

*face palm*

Oh that sucks!  I would have totally freaked out.  "Yea!  I got a decision so quickly!"

And people wonder why lawyers drink so much.  They're just sustaining the addiction developed during applications.

« Reply #162 on: January 26, 2007, 01:00:40 PM »
Boss: You'll get in to Baylor, no doubt. Chin up! Maybe it will come today. It could be in the mail box RIGHT  NOW. I am thinking of employing my fiance as an official mail-getter. He works at home, and I want to ask him to check the mail at 2:30 every day and call me at work or email me with an update.

Wait, you didn't use the f-word or write "I hate Jesus" on your app.? Did you?!

Boss

• You've gotta be cruel to be kind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 26, 2007, 04:55:53 PM »
Boss: You'll get in to Baylor, no doubt. Chin up! Maybe it will come today. It could be in the mail box RIGHT  NOW. I am thinking of employing my fiance as an official mail-getter. He works at home, and I want to ask him to check the mail at 2:30 every day and call me at work or email me with an update.

Wait, you didn't use the f-word or write "I hate Jesus" on your app.? Did you?!

No....but I did say that I only want to go to Baylor so that I'll be closer to Crawford and my commutes to Cindy Sheehan camp-outs will be shorter, as well as getting a chance to tell people "I go to school in Waco.  Yes, that Waco, the one with the crazy cult."

Matokah

• Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 26, 2007, 05:04:57 PM »
Well, I stand corrected.  I got into the school I've been complete at since mid-November today.   ;D

Boss: your acceptance must be on its way soon, too, then! :)

Big Slick

• All in B!tches
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 26, 2007, 05:08:14 PM »
In at Univ of Denver via email.....

laxlaw

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 27, 2007, 04:56:38 PM »
Full ride at University of Toledo!

It came today in a regular sized business envelope.
My little sister said, "it is probably a rejection, good things come in the big envelopes."

Looks like I'm officially going to law school.

S2X

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 29, 2007, 03:24:56 PM »

My little sister said, "it is probably a rejection, good things come in the big envelopes."

Wow, congrats!

I got $10K a year from SLU today...it's gonna be hard to pass up.

ptown

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 30, 2007, 09:26:34 AM »

Wow, congrats!

I got $10K a year from SLU today...it's gonna be hard to pass up.

Wow, not bad - congrats.  I hope they send me some nice money as well, since I can't consider them without it.  By filing fafsa, I recently discovered that I was rich (in the eyes of the government at least).  Thanks for letting me know Dept of Education, here I was thinking I was dirt poor!

ihope i hope

• I will be living in a cardboard box....forever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 30, 2007, 12:19:37 PM »
I recently discovered that I was rich

same, I never thought I would be so dissappointed to apperently have money.