Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tier 2 and Proud!  (Read 11480 times)

S2X

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Tier 2 and Proud!
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2007, 05:46:38 PM »
Got waitlisted at Seattle yesterday.

ihope i hope

• Sr. Citizen
  • I will be living in a cardboard box....forever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2007, 05:53:17 PM »
Ooo... good luck with getting onto the good side of the waitlist there S2X!  Send a continued letter of interest and all! 

Dear Mr. Mailman,
Hurry.
Love, IHope
Shippin' off to Buffalo, to find my wooden leg!

S2X

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2007, 07:28:04 PM »
Ooo... good luck with getting onto the good side of the waitlist there S2X!  Send a continued letter of interest and all! 

Dear Mr. Mailman,
Hurry.
Love, IHope

Thanks IHope.  I did send out those letters, so not too much more I can do.

Iceslip

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: January 15, 2007, 08:26:02 AM »
I understand what people are saying about Rutgers and Penn State being apples to oranges. I know that. I'm asking about them because I need to decide if I want to go to one of them, i've already gotten into them so the law building itself is important for me. I only wanted to know what people who had seen rutgers thought about the campus. I definitely agree with the points about Rutgers offering more opportunities, which is why right now they are my top choice i've gotten into. I just was hoping we could get a good discussion about 2 schools this board seems to generally ignore.

OK man...the law building is important to you?

Umm...
Well, that's fine, but do you understand that, in regards to these two schools, the MAIN differentiator and criteria for differentiation is a geographic consideration.  The school you choose depends on where you plan on living, settling down in life, practicing law. 
The law building!?  Ok, so Rutgers' building is great, complete wireless access, etc., I'm sure Penn State is the same, but honestly man...what are you talking about? 
Again, if you want to settle down somewhere in PA, work at a small-med. sized firm, go to Penn State.  If you want to settle down in Jersey and definitely want to work in NJ or are open to working in New York City if you have the opportunity, go to Rutgers.
The law school building...I mean, I don't undersatnd what you're trying to say with this:  are you saying that you are equally open to living in central PA or Jersey and settling down, so the differentiator for you at this point is campus/building quality?  I mean, again, if that's the case, it's still a matter of geographic consideration in terms of where you want to live and study law for 3 years: again, downtown Newark, or rural PA.

mrsdclare

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - mrsdclare
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - mrsdclare
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2007, 05:20:10 PM »
I wish there was mail today..... there are too many holidays in Jan.  ;)  do you think any of the offices are open today? Prolly not....  ???
Pending:  UC Hastings, USF, McGeorge, UC Davis, Santa Clara

bfree

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2007, 07:43:18 PM »
i'm not quite sure what is so weird about comparing A. the law buildings, and B. Penn State and Rutgers. As most of us know NJ has only 3 law schools, one which primarily feeds to Philly. Jersey is one state where theres more demand for lawyers than the schools in the area can produce, so PSU can definitely place there, not to mention the distance between jersey and PSU is pretty short. As for the law building, i think it is very important. Rutgers is in newark, one of the places which ruins Jerseys reputation. PSU is in an absolutely gorgeous campus. Rutgers supposedly has a great law building. PSU is currently using a POS old school building and won't have a new building open for what looks like 2 years. Both have huge pluses and minuses. Since both places will probably open similar opportunities in the same or close to the same places it only seems to make sense to compare the small aspects to see if one school can gain a huge edge

FossilJ

• LSD Obsessed
  • Carbon-date THIS, biznitch!
    • View Profile
    • Cricket Rules!
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2007, 08:01:53 PM »
I wish there was mail today..... there are too many holidays in Jan.  ;)  do you think any of the offices are open today? Prolly not....  ???

Agreed about the damn holidays.
Pish, J only wants to waste YOUR time.  Get wise.

thewanderer01

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2007, 10:48:34 PM »
This is the first time I've ever been bummed about all the holidays. I work for the local PAO and I'm the only one who isn't loving all the time off.

In the tier 2 vein, anyone visited or planning on visiting Rutgers - Newark or Seton Hall? I'm trying to plan a trip out there in March to see both, but I'm not sure if I'll need a car...where a decent place to stay nearby is......any thoughts?
Rutgers - Newark Class of 2010

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 16, 2007, 12:54:34 AM »
No kidding about the holidays.  I seriously don't remember it being this bad the last time I applied 2 years ago.

thewanderer01: I visited Seton Hall 2 years ago.  I stayed in Jamaica, NY near the JFK airport.  My friend and I took a day trip via Penn Station to Newark.  The building of the school is very nice-looking and the professor I spoke with was pretty nice, too.  No idea where you could stay in Newark, though, unfortunately.
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

Ali

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 16, 2007, 09:46:12 AM »
JFK and Jamaica are no where near SHU

Stay at a hotel in Newark airport.  Not sure how far away it is, but can't be that far.