Law School Discussion

"On Hold" at Harvard

Catherine Morland

• the improvement of her mind by extensive reading
    • View Profile
Re: "On Hold" at Harvard
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2007, 07:54:20 PM »
She came to my school for an info session.

« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2007, 11:03:57 AM »
Has anyone heard anything from Harvard today? Any ideas about what the "Hold" emails from yesterday might indicate--that is to say, do we think that their first round of holds might be over?  And, for people who are borderline who didn't get a hold email yesterday, do we think this means a probable rejection?  I noticed on LSN that their first round of rejections started right about this time last year.  Ahhhh!

« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2007, 11:38:58 AM »
Has anyone gotten a hold who went complete in Dec? I don't think the holds are done yet. 

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2007, 11:45:14 AM »
Has anyone heard anything from Harvard today? Any ideas about what the "Hold" emails from yesterday might indicate--that is to say, do we think that their first round of holds might be over?  And, for people who are borderline who didn't get a hold email yesterday, do we think this means a probable rejection?  I noticed on LSN that their first round of rejections started right about this time last year.  Ahhhh!

Topher- Have you gone complete at Harvard yet?

« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2007, 11:56:24 AM »
mike245: Ha!  Good question.  At everyone's urging yesterday, I called, and someone in the office told me that, in fact, my application was complete.  I never received an email about it, though, which was odd.  I'm sure that my application just somehow got lost in the shuffle.  For me, Harvard has always been a bit of a stretch because my GPA is not above 3.8, so we'll see.  I'm fully expecting a "Hold" email or a flat-out reject letter.  Clearly, the former is better  ::)  In good news, though, I'm headed to CO tomorrow for some skiing!  Nah-nah-nah-nah-boo-boo!!   ;D  I think I'll pay the money to have internet access in the condo, though--just in case something happens while I'm there!

perfect pint

• Lovely day for a Guinness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2007, 02:43:37 PM »
I'm on hold too, just got the email. I am so incredibly excited. I thought I was for sure a ding! Time to get cracking on the supplementary materials.... :)

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2007, 02:45:42 PM »
Just got the hold e-mail too. Disappointed but still hopeful.

« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2007, 02:47:11 PM »
When did you all go complete? I was late November so trying to figure out if this is a sure-fire rejection or if they're still working their way down to my pile of iffy applicants...  :-\

perfect pint

• Lovely day for a Guinness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2007, 02:52:41 PM »
When did you all go complete? I was late November so trying to figure out if this is a sure-fire rejection or if they're still working their way down to my pile of iffy applicants...  :-\

I went complete November 9th, so they are working down from the Octobers of yesterday.
I know that my odds aren't great but somehow it feels nice to not be a straight-up ding.

Red Bull Imperator

• Redbull sceptrum orbis terrarum
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2007, 03:10:47 PM »
Officially joining the "hold" club - got the e-mail today. 

Complete 11/9, interview 11/20  :-\

You're almost my number twin... you'll get in, don't worry!  ;)

(ah, I'd love to receive the interview email....)