Law School Discussion

"On Hold" at Harvard

"On Hold" at Harvard
« on: January 09, 2007, 07:33:23 AM »
Just got the email. Well, it is certainly better than a rejection! The email says I can submit more information before my app is reviewed again. I have been out of school for several years, so no new transcripts, and I have plenty of recs already. Any ideas?? A "Why Harvard" essay?

perfect pint

• Lovely day for a Guinness...
    • View Profile
Re: "On Hold" at Harvard
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 07:54:28 AM »
I would be SO HAPPY if I got a hold email because it would mean that there isn't a rejection letter in the mail for me... C'mon Harvard, my GPA might be stinky but I'm all heart!!!! Let's "just be friends" for a few more months!

Saja

• Into enemy territory...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 07:56:05 AM »
Yeah, I wouldn't mind receiving that e-mail too much I suppose...better than a rejection!  At this point I'd like to just hear something from any school.;)

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 08:00:14 AM »
Prof and Shanny, did you have a phone interview?  How long have you been complete?

Red Bull Imperator

• Redbull sceptrum orbis terrarum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 08:03:10 AM »
I would actually mind that kind of email. I would also mind a rejection email.

That does not leave us with many options, right, Harvy? ;-)

Saja

• Into enemy territory...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 08:09:23 AM »
Me too...happy to get this far...I was expecting to have to work my way in through the side door, anyway. 3.45/174...coming up short of perfection in a couple of ways.

The idea of a Why Harvard? essay seems silly. I think that Harvard expects a very high yield from candidates it puts on hold.

Yeah, I don't think too much yield protecting is going on at Harvard.

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 08:32:44 AM »
Prof and Shanny, did you have a phone interview?  How long have you been complete?

No phone interview for me either. My understanding is that pretty guarantees admission. I've been complete since 10/26.

Any other ideas for what to send? My GPA certainly isn't going to go up and I already addressed it with an addendum.

Reach

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 08:38:21 AM »
I also just got this...I'm still in the "some news is better than no news" category.  Good luck everyone, I hope no one is too dismayed.

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 08:38:32 AM »
I haven't gotten one so far, but we'll see how things play out later today (and this week).

Reach

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 08:46:28 AM »
I also just got this...I'm still in the "some news is better than no news" category.  Good luck everyone, I hope no one is too dismayed.

Nah. This is what I expected. Good luck to you, too, Reach!

Thanks.  Also, not that you don't know this of course, but you've got some fabulous numbers and strong soft factors.  Your future is looking very bright even without an immediate Harvard nod.

Edit:  Thanks Shanny, and I'm really not broken up by this at all.  Acceptances are nice and choices are nicer, but I'll only be able to do a few preview/admit weekends.  That's not to say, of course, that I like being held, but I appreciate knowing where I stand.  Don't presumptively count yourself out/held though!