Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Does LSAC send only targeted letters to those schools?  (Read 225 times)

ctg31

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Does LSAC send only targeted letters to those schools?
« on: January 08, 2007, 07:39:45 PM »
After browsing my law school reports that were just sent out, I noticed that for the one school I applied to that I had a targeted letter for, that school was sent ONLY the targeted letter.    Is this an error on the part of LSAC?  I had two other general letters that should have been sent to that school... what is the way to fix this?  Obviously, I cannot just send the letters over to the school because they were sent straight to LSAC.  Thanks all!

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: Does LSAC send only targeted letters to those schools?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 07:43:30 PM »
After browsing my law school reports that were just sent out, I noticed that for the one school I applied to that I had a targeted letter for, that school was sent ONLY the targeted letter.    Is this an error on the part of LSAC?  I had two other general letters that should have been sent to that school... what is the way to fix this?  Obviously, I cannot just send the letters over to the school because they were sent straight to LSAC.  Thanks all!

You're supposed to identify which letters are sent to which schools. It's the "Add School" function when you scroll down in the LOR page. I'd call LSAC and see if there's anything they can do about it.
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</

ctg31

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 07:45:37 PM »
I see.  Thanks for the help!  Has anyone else had this problem and if so, was it easily corrected?

EEtoJD

• Sr. Citizen
  • Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 07:56:36 PM »
I see.  Thanks for the help!  Has anyone else had this problem and if so, was it easily corrected?

Actually, I made a different, but related, mistake. I sent letters directly to CLS using the form they provide, but I just left them off my school list. Unfortunately, LSAC sends out your general letters in the order they received them, regardless of adding the school. I was supposed to add the school, but not add any letters.

I guess this doesn't hold if you have a targeted letter? Seems like they only sent the targeted, assuming it was the only one you wanted to send to the school.

Anyway, definitely call LSAC. I was screwed because they had already sent the letters, so I had to write an addendum to CLS explaining what had happened and to only accept the letters sent directly to them by my recommenders.
I can't believe these obnoxious Michigan students, who use the board not to share information, but to socialize (as pathetic as that is)

LSN</

daydreamer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 10:06:45 AM »
Can you target a letter to multiple schools (but not all of them- ie if you were deferred at a few)?

ctg31

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 11:05:28 AM »
Can you target a letter to multiple schools (but not all of them- ie if you were deferred at a few)?

Yes.  Use to same function EEtoJD described ("It's the "Add School" function when you scroll down in the LOR page").

ctg31

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 11:20:35 AM »
For anyone else that has had this problem... according to LSAC, if you use the "edit school" button on the LOR page, and add your general letters to that school, they will automatically be sent to that school (at the next time that the school accepts reports).  There is no need to do anything further.