Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Powerscore & Blueprint Prep- How do they explain Logical Reasoning?  (Read 1018 times)

LawSchoolCutie

• Sr. Citizen
  • photoshoot with Bryan D. Socal Photography
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sx1ba8emoni
    • View Profile
Hi everyone, I'm about to take the LSAT again and I was wondering if Blueprint Prep and Powerscore explain the answers for

Do they give you sets of questions and just give you letter answers in the back?

I'm very frustrated with Testmasters because I really didn't feel I learned anything from them on that section. They just gave 80 questions and if you got it wrong, what then? I know that is what asking questions in class is for, but I seriously would have liked an explaination such as "A is wrong because.." and I'm hoping I can find that through another prep class to give me a more complete understanding.

Please let me know how it went for you guys who have taken Powerscore and Blueprint. Thank you in advance
GPA: 3.22
GPA in Major 3.8
LSAT Practice Highest Score 152
LSAT Goal Score at least 165

teamcanada

• View Profile
    • Stats
Re: Powerscore & Blueprint Prep- How do they explain Logical Reasoning?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 05:05:16 PM »
I found the powerscore logical reasoning bible to be absolutely amazing. it does a great job of explaining everything you need to know to attack an LSAT logical reasoning question and provides more than enough exercises to reinforce the information in the book. also, there are question sections and the answers give a very complete breakdown of everything that needs to be evaluated to arrive at the right answer. and the book is really easy to understand, if that is a concern for anyone.

theo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Fine surname
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 05:05:57 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm about to take the LSAT again and I was wondering if Blueprint Prep and Powerscore explain the answers for

Do they give you sets of questions and just give you letter answers in the back?

I'm very frustrated with Testmasters because I really didn't feel I learned anything from them on that section. They just gave 80 questions and if you got it wrong, what then? I know that is what asking questions in class is for, but I seriously would have liked an explaination such as "A is wrong because.." and I'm hoping I can find that through another prep class to give me a more complete understanding.

Please let me know how it went for you guys who have taken Powerscore and Blueprint. Thank you in advance

The phone helpline is probably the best place to get those questions answered from TM instructors.

BP and PS will have more in the way of explanations, but won't have all of them, as far as I know.

There are bootlegs of the Kaplan and PR explanations out there, and Get Prepped has published complete explanations for the 10 More and Next 10 volumes of preptests from LSAC:

http://www.amazon.com/LSAT-Explained-Unofficial-Explanations-PrepTests/dp/0974853356/sr=8-1/qid=1168293838/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-3113697-3710256?ie=UTF8&s=books

PS is coming out with a volume that explains every question from the 3 2004 exams:

https://www.powerscore.com/cgi-bin/ccp5/cp-app.pl?%%SCRIPT_COMMON_URL%%&pg=store&sub_pg=prod&ref=465

quid leges sine moribus vanae proficiunt?

fObolous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 06:45:14 PM »
The phone helpline is probably the best place to get those questions answered from TM instructors.

Not sure about the TM phone hotline, but the PS one wasn't that helpful. Maybe this is the way they all work, but whenever I called, I had to wait 30 min to 1 hr for someone to call back. And on top of that, they capped the number of questions you could ask at 2, meaning for the 3rd question, I had to call back again and wait another 30 min to 1 hr.

Also, something that I really didn't like about the explanations they gave was that they needed to first look up the answer before explaining anything. My biggest problem then (and probably still now) was to understand how to arrive at those answers BEFORE actually seeing the answer. Once you see the answer, it's relatively easy to piece everything together.

theo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Fine surname
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 06:56:44 PM »

Not sure about the TM phone hotline, but the PS one wasn't that helpful. Maybe this is the way they all work, but whenever I called, I had to wait 30 min to 1 hr for someone to call back. And on top of that, they capped the number of questions you could ask at 2, meaning for the 3rd question, I had to call back again and wait another 30 min to 1 hr.

Also, something that I really didn't like about the explanations they gave was that they needed to first look up the answer before explaining anything. My biggest problem then (and probably still now) was to understand how to arrive at those answers BEFORE actually seeing the answer. Once you see the answer, it's relatively easy to piece everything together.

So, what's the answer to the OP's original question:

"Do they give you sets of questions and just give you letter answers in the back?"
quid leges sine moribus vanae proficiunt?

barbiegirl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2007, 07:22:38 PM »

Take Blue Print Prep, and study the LRB. That is all you need. TestMasters is garbage. Eat well. Sleep. Ciao.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 07:55:49 AM »

Take Blue Print Prep, and study the LRB. That is all you need. TestMasters is garbage. Eat well. Sleep. Ciao.

you such has-been, if you ever at all.