Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Penn State Invitation in Philly anyone?  (Read 216 times)

Futballer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Penn State Invitation in Philly anyone?
« on: January 08, 2007, 12:28:45 PM »
For those who applied to Penn State, did you get an email about attending this event in Philly? I did not get a decision letter in the mail yet, and I am trying to figure out if this thing is worth attending. The email claims the invitation is being forwarded to a "select" group of people who are interested in attending, however I'm not so sure how "select" it is.
Ave Maria class of 2011
The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
Re: Penn State Invitation in Philly anyone?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 12:34:51 PM »
For those who applied to Penn State, did you get an email about attending this event in Philly? I did not get a decision letter in the mail yet, and I am trying to figure out if this thing is worth attending. The email claims the invitation is being forwarded to a "select" group of people who are interested in attending, however I'm not so sure how "select" it is.

Yeah, so I didn't apply but I got the email.  They might be lying about the "select" part...
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

bohemian_revolution

• Sr. Citizen
  • le fabuleux destin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 12:40:38 PM »
I didn't apply but I got the invitation in the mail. They even offered to pay for my trip there if I applied. Wasn't interested though.

Futballer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 12:42:42 PM »
Hmm well it appears so, because the email stated it was for those who indicated interest in the school. I was hoping I was special lol.
Ave Maria class of 2011
The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.

dbmuell

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2007, 01:44:47 PM »
I was wondering the same thing.  I applied but I also gave my name and address to the rep at the DC forum last year.  I'm thinking that might be the "select" and "expressed interest" part.  Perhaps this means we're not even close to hearing decisions out of them?