or in average, how many mistakes do you usually get in each section

Re: # mistakes you got on each section
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2007, 07:50:40 AM »
lg 0
rc 1-2 (3, 4 happens, but super rare)
lr 0-2

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2007, 02:27:35 PM »
has this always been the same? i mean, was this the same when you did your first practice tests? I am interested in knowing how you were improving.

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2007, 09:28:37 PM »
LR- about 3 combined; i started with 6 and gradually made my way to 3-4; on the real test i missed 3
LG- about 2-3; i was never that great on games; missed 2 on the real one
RC- older tests had easier RC's so i averaged at about 3-4; missed 5 on the real thing.

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 12:09:49 AM »
you guys are too good

flyaway

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 06:18:20 AM »
real test:
LR: 1
LG: 0
RC: 4

My LR really didn't change much... those sections were always easy for me from the beginning of my studying.  Maybe at the beginning I missed like a total of 4 (2 on each section), but even toward the end of my studying I was typically missing 1-3 total, so that's not much of a change.  So the real test was a representative result, but on the better end of my range.

On LG, I was always very accurate. I looooove logic puzzles, and that's all LG is.  However, I definitely had to get faster.  When I first started, I could only do 3 games.  I had to learn to make more deductions before I got to the questions and also had to learn to diagram consistently, to increase my speed.  By the end of my studying, I was pretty much always perfect with time to spare.  So the real test was the same.

On RC, I would say I improved the most here, even though I think my real test -4 is total crap compared to how I was doing in practice.  I was really surprised when I found out, because the only recent practice test I had missed that many on, I knew before I scored it (and actually thought I had done worse)... I was ill, at the end of a long work day, found one of the passages really hard, and couldn't finish the section in time.  So it was surprising to me to find out on the real thing (which felt pretty normal) that I had missed exactly the same number as that time.  Anyway, during practice, I felt that two things helped my improvement (I think I was maybe missing about 6 or so when I started)... 1. getting used to reading passages on subjects I am completely unfamiliar with.  2.  getting used to the types of questions.  By the end of my practice, I was typically missing 0 or 1.