Law School Discussion

They Don't Like LSD

EEtoJD

• Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Re: They Don't Like LSD
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2007, 09:08:43 PM »
xoxo's not even THAT bad.  If you can navigate around the racist idiots and ask intelligent questions then you can usually get an answer, at least in my experience.

As an xoxo vet, I think it IS that bad. I just get a kick out of it  ;D

It can be.  But seriously,  just end your post with "kill self?" or some version of "P3ND" and you'll fit right in. 

Check this post from Leiter's blog out about xoxo's less savory elements: http://leiterreports.typepad.com/blog/2005/03/penn_law_studen.html

DISCLAIMER: I found this from one of the TLS threads we're discussing. :)

Yeah, I think they're prestige polls are sometimes funny (what number of children is the most prestigious?), but Leiter's right that it is sort of a cesspool.  Like I said, there are some nuggets if info if you look hard enough, but I don't blame anyone for not having the stomach to dig through the garbage to get the real information.

I'm one of those people. It doesn't offend me or anything, it's just trite. I also dislike the layout of the site.

What sort of information, BTW?

Thistle

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2007, 09:10:49 PM »
I've found LSD in general helpful, but I can understand what they're feeling. It can be pretty sarcastic around here. Especially  if you lack common sense :D

Seriously. I guess we just have a better sense of humor.  :D

so it's a detriment that we don't suffer fools well?  at least we're honest about it  :D

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2007, 09:11:01 PM »
I used to post on TLS and LSP, but then I got a 178 on the LSAT and figured that LSD was the only messageboard I truly belonged to.

Oooooooh, a 178. You're sooooo smart. omg how did you prep? give me study tips!

Vick

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2007, 09:13:27 PM »
xoxo's not even THAT bad.  If you can navigate around the racist idiots and ask intelligent questions then you can usually get an answer, at least in my experience.

As an xoxo vet, I think it IS that bad. I just get a kick out of it  ;D

It can be.  But seriously,  just end your post with "kill self?" or some version of "P3ND" and you'll fit right in. 

Check this post from Leiter's blog out about xoxo's less savory elements: http://leiterreports.typepad.com/blog/2005/03/penn_law_studen.html

DISCLAIMER: I found this from one of the TLS threads we're discussing. :)

Yeah, I think they're prestige polls are sometimes funny (what number of children is the most prestigious?), but Leiter's right that it is sort of a cesspool.  Like I said, there are some nuggets if info if you look hard enough, but I don't blame anyone for not having the stomach to dig through the garbage to get the real information.

I'm one of those people. It doesn't offend me or anything, it's just trite. I also dislike the layout of the site.

What sort of information, BTW?

Oh I don't know. I actually found some really helpful stuff about a law related internship I'm inverviewing for in a few weeks.  LSD had very little, but a search through xoxo brought up a lot of info. 

EEtoJD

• Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2007, 09:16:35 PM »

Oh I don't know. I actually found some really helpful stuff about a law related internship I'm inverviewing for in a few weeks.  LSD had very little, but a search through xoxo brought up a lot of info. 

Their search function is much better than LSD's.

Nemesis

• The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2007, 09:20:14 PM »

EEtoJD

• Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2007, 09:35:13 PM »

Their search function is much better than LSD's.

it only does exact letter combination searches in titles, so its limited. but its good as what it does.

I should have said much faster. LSD just needs an option to return results in a less verbose manner (e.g., topic titles only), probably. I don't know how they do their indexing, but it doesn't seem to be as fast as xoxo's.

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2007, 09:53:23 PM »
You guys are jerks. The only good discussion I've had on here was about something completely, totally non-law related... college football.

xoxo is funny.

Hi letylyf :).

I used to post on TLS and LSP, but then I got a 178 on the LSAT and figured that LSD was the only messageboard I truly belonged to.

Oooooooh, a 178. You're sooooo smart. omg how did you prep? give me study tips!

I agree. How did you prep? Please do share!

EEtoJD

• Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2007, 10:17:37 PM »
letylyf

Why the watermelon 'tar? Not that I dislike watermelon, because believe me, I don't. Watermelon is delicious and juicy. See what I did there? You thought I was going to say "juicy and delicious", but I switched it up. Tricky.  ;D

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2007, 10:19:26 PM »
Er, I don't know. I was trying to choose and randomly decided I craved a watermelon. Using it as my avatar was almost as good as actually going to the store and getting one. In the middle of the winter.