Law School Discussion

They Don't Like LSD

Re: They Don't Like LSD
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2007, 08:35:27 PM »
xoxo's not even THAT bad.  If you can navigate around the racist idiots and ask intelligent questions then you can usually get an answer, at least in my experience.

this is tru...even some of the smutty things make me laugh :D

Nemesis

• The High Priestess
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2007, 08:37:50 PM »
I'm mean.

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2007, 08:40:45 PM »
xoxo's not even THAT bad.  If you can navigate around the racist idiots and ask intelligent questions then you can usually get an answer, at least in my experience.

As an xoxo vet, I think it IS that bad. I just get a kick out of it  ;D

are you going to become their newest CLS troll  ;) ;)

Vick

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2007, 08:43:44 PM »

It can be.  But seriously,  just end your post with "kill self?" or some version of "P3ND" and you'll fit right in. 

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2007, 08:50:18 PM »
I used to post on TLS and LSP, but then I got a 178 on the LSAT and figured that LSD was the only messageboard I truly belonged to.

EEtoJD

• Football!!!
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2007, 08:50:58 PM »

It can be.  But seriously,  just end your post with "kill self?" or some version of "P3ND" and you'll fit right in. 

Check this post from Leiter's blog out about xoxo's less savory elements: http://leiterreports.typepad.com/blog/2005/03/penn_law_studen.html

DISCLAIMER: I found this from one of the TLS threads we're discussing. :)

« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2007, 08:53:20 PM »

Check this post from Leiter's blog out about xoxo's less savory elements: http://leiterreports.typepad.com/blog/2005/03/penn_law_studen.html

that's old, i actually saw that on xoxo when it first went up  :D

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2007, 08:54:19 PM »
*ahem*

Dear Dcalenzo,

Thanks not only for this post but for also contributing so many posts in a very short timeframe. You are definitely a welcome addition to the forum.

I am very proud of the TLS ethic which is focused upon sharing knowledge and all of us learning while having fun. Other forums seem focused upon putting others down ahead of conveying knowledge and welcoming others.

As you enter law school and the legal profession you will find that attorneys are either antagonistic and adversarial (often times in the litigation field, fighting a zero sum battle where victory requires defeat) or instead focused upon expanding the pie and seeking a win-win solution (often the case in mediation or transactional work, such as mergers).

Life is too short to be jealous of others or live for others. The only competition is internal and the sole goal is to reach one's potential. I seek to be around those who are better than me so I can learn from them. Seeking status or satisfaction from external criteria such as making fun of another will never lead to long-term happiness.

Cheers DCalenzo, lets continue to make this site even better as the forum grows and more content is created for the site by myself and my valued readers.

Best,

Ken

Ken's either Mother Teresa's long lost spawn or a giant toolbag.

Vick

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2007, 09:03:19 PM »

Yeah, I think they're prestige polls are sometimes funny (what number of children is the most prestigious?), but Leiter's right that it is sort of a cesspool.  Like I said, there are some nuggets if info if you look hard enough, but I don't blame anyone for not having the stomach to dig through the garbage to get the real information.

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2007, 09:07:02 PM »

Yeah, I think they're prestige polls are sometimes funny (what number of children is the most prestigious?), but Leiter's right that it is sort of a cesspool.  Like I said, there are some nuggets if info if you look hard enough, but I don't blame anyone for not having the stomach to dig through the garbage to get the real information.

Funniest prestige poll: Most prestigious Disney character

http://www.autoadmit.com/thread.php?thread_id=414220&mc=164&forum_id=2