Law School Discussion

Need some advice/honest criticism, etc.....

Re: Need some advice/honest criticism, etc.....
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2007, 05:51:49 AM »
She's been studying for the LSAT for almost 2 years now.
February will mark her 3rd time taking this exam.
She has taken testmasters twice already.
She's taking the exam in Feb & again in June if she has to.

Stop beating the dead horse. After two years, two TM classes, two actual tests, it's time to move on. What has changed? It's an error to think that something is going to change if you take the test enough - nothing will change. It's over; accept the number and move on. LoveButton is right. :o

hahahahaha.  love the picture!   :D

Zinfandel

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2007, 06:40:20 AM »
dcgirl, don't pay attention to these losers. If you post your question at the following website, I think you will get some helpful advice.

http://www.xoxohth.com/?forum_id=2

jer

• i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2007, 09:25:37 AM »
dcgirl, don't pay attention to these losers. If you post your question at the following website, I think you will get some helpful advice.

http://www.xoxohth.com/?forum_id=2

be sure to tell them some prestigious guy sent you.

as harsh as it sounds,
if your friend is having difficulties of her own,
and is unable to score at least somewhere near where you are shooting for,
she may be dragging you down and hindering your lsat prep.
as crappy as it sounds, maybe the best thing you could do for both her and yourself is encourage her to take a prep course, and find someone else to prep with or go it on your own.

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2007, 12:35:05 PM »
No, ma'am... Im just a guy who accepts his fate into a third tier toilet.  Hell, it didn't even take me TWO YEARS to realize this.  You obviously suck at the LSAT so much that you would be best served doing the same.  See you at Cooley, you heinous female dog!

Yup, you got me.  It's me. You're so smart.  Big f-ing Loser.

Hey, are you the former Downy troll incognito with a new name?   

Not to be rude, but she would stop reading your post right after this sentence- "I respect your friend's tenacity, but..." so I should have pointed out when I started my thread to not waste time w/comments like this.

All of what you have just said has been said to her by many people (family, friends, strangers, etc.,) and she doesn't listen to people like you. No pun intended.

I'm looking for advice on how to help her not advice on how to be negative & tell she can't do it.

I respect your friend's tenacity, but I think there's got to come a point where she stops taking the test.  LSAC only lets you take three every two years anyway, and if your friend is applying to law school, a load of repeated scores that are mostly the same will hurt her more than help her.  Sure, the scores will disappear after five years, but that's a long time.

This is a really hard test, and I think that everyone has a score-ceiling that they can't break through, as frustrating as it might be.  It might be time to work on accepting that.  There's no shame in letting the score she's got stand after the Feb. test.  Any reason she doesn't just wait until June when she can at least get her score report back to see where she went wrong?

I'm not trying to be offensive here -- I certainly don't know your friend, only she can know what is best for her, and I'm not trying to presume to know her abilities -- but you asked for honest advice and criticism. Feel free to disregard what I've said, but I truly think your friend's time might be better spent applying that dedication and drive to a cause in life that really matters.  Taking her passion for doing well on the LSAT and turning it into a passion to provide legal assistant services to Legalaid or some other advocacy organization could not only help her get into law school, but could also make some real change in the world.

Thats funny, because most of us would stop reading YOUR post right after "Not to be rude..."

What a female dog!

PS - This "friend" is so obviously you that its not even funny.

This had me laughing. haha

dcgirl

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2007, 12:54:31 PM »
Lol, bralady, I don't have time to play 12 year old games w/you guys.  I have to go study for the LSAT since this is my third time taking it so I can get more score up. ::) Lol.

Thanks to all that were helpful. :-*

And to the others, just go @#!* yourselves. ;D

Wow, Lovebutton is a nice person who gave great advice (and then apologized for it) and you are telling her to @#!* herself because she didn't say what you wanted to hear? Maybe the others were mean spirited, but you should at least be specific. People are making fun of you for a reason, you asked for honest criticism and then got an attitude when people gave it. And you were rude about it.

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2007, 12:57:59 PM »

Wow, Lovebutton is a nice person who gave great advice (and then apologized for it) and you are telling her to @#!* herself because she didn't say what you wanted to hear? Maybe the others were mean spirited, but you should at least be specific. People are making fun of you for a reason, you asked for honest criticism and then got an attitude when people gave it. And you were rude about it.

Thanks, evilwonderbra, I appreciate it   :)

I can understand only wanting to hear positive or encouraging advice, but if that was the case the OP should not have asked for honest advice  ;)  Despite the fact that I clearly inspired the OP to get very defensive, I certainly was trying to be as delicate as possible.

degirl - and I mean this in the nicest, least offensive way possible - RELAX.  the best way to improve on the LSAT is not to blow it so out-of-proportion that you'd curse out strangers with good intentions.

jer

• i likes gold chapstick
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2007, 01:22:23 PM »

Thanks, evilwonderbra, I appreciate it   :)

I can understand only wanting to hear positive or encouraging advice, but if that was the case the OP should not have asked for honest advice  ;)  Despite the fact that I clearly inspired the OP to get very defensive, I certainly was trying to be as delicate as possible.

degirl - and I mean this in the nicest, least offensive way possible - RELAX.  the best way to improve on the LSAT is not to blow it so out-of-proportion that you'd curse out strangers with good intentions.

Perhaps OP should go to TLS

I was going to suggest that

But thought it might be mean

So why didn't you?

I didn't want to steal all the opportunities for meanness

that's so sweet.
no, wait...

n/a

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2007, 01:22:47 PM »
The only thing 12 year old about this thread (other than me incessantly making fun of your dumb ass), is your attitude about asking for honesty, and then saying @#!* off when you get it.

Taking 2 years on this test without significant improvement means that you've either peaked, or else that you are fooling yourself and havent put in nearly enough real study time into it.  In either case, if nothing has changed in two years, it probably wont in the next 28 days before the February test.

Lol, bralady, I don't have time to play 12 year old games w/you guys.  I have to go study for the LSAT since this is my third time taking it so I can get more score up. ::) Lol.

JoeGibbsRedskins

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2007, 01:55:41 PM »
Hating on DCgirl for what reason? You guys are jealous?

Reesespbcup

• Yay summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2007, 02:00:16 PM »
Hating on DCgirl for what reason? You guys are jealous?

Um, did you read the thread?