Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: lsacd apps by snailmail  (Read 5541 times)

lexylit

lsacd apps by snailmail
« on: September 06, 2004, 02:11:23 AM »
i was totally set on submitting everything electronically, but that sneaky little paranoia is taking over where i think "what if i attach the doc, and something goes wrong, and they get a gibberish personal statement..." etc

so i'm thinking i might print and mail my apps. i know a couple of you said you're doing the same. i don't think schools love it but it might make me feel better. thoughts?

lambert

• View Profile
Re: lsacd apps by snailmail
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 04:14:35 AM »
I've considered it, but I'm afraid that if I ask my recommender to send my LOR off to 15 different schools, she's going to be mucho pissed and write a crappy letter. Plus, since so many schools seem to "strongly encourage" it, I figure it must work pretty well.

lexylit

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 04:19:17 AM »
wait, i'm definitely still doing letters through lsac.

even if i submitted apps electronically, i'd still need to print and send the singature pages. so i feel like just printing and sending the other stuff. they'll still get my lsac report, transcript, recs etc from lsac.

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 04:21:04 AM »
im definitely printing my apps and mailing them in.  im paranoid about transmitting online since ive heard so many people complaining about info that disappears from their applications online.

mailing them in has nothing to do with the LORs, that stuff is included with your lsac report that each school you apply to will request directly from lsac.  we are just talking about the actual application, personal statement and any other things(addenda, resume, etc.)

lexylit

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2004, 04:23:51 AM »
coo'. i'm with you. i've seen one too many cut-and-paste jobs where the quotes turn into hyphens and the apostrophes turn into little tiny paisleys or some *&^%.

lambert

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2004, 07:07:13 AM »
Hmm..well, you guys just convinced me. That makes sense, as long as you still use LSAC for the LORs. Stanford and Harvard, however, encourage you to use their specific LOR form, so I'll probably still send those directly.

M2

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2004, 10:52:43 AM »
coo'. i'm with you. i've seen one too many cut-and-paste jobs where the quotes turn into hyphens and the apostrophes turn into little tiny paisleys or some *&^%.

Lexy,

I am usually pretty confident in computer technology but this is one case where I am not so sure.
I am seriously considering mailing mine in as well, simply because the LSAC-online  has so many glotches and problems...

How will you send yours?
Post offive Overnight-express?
Fedex?
etc...

lexylit

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2004, 05:02:58 PM »
prolly just regular mail from my office. when i did grad schools apps i sent them registered so i could see when they arrived. when i tried to track them, one appeared to not have. i called the post office and they said oh, well, nothing we can do. i said why did i pay extra money to make these trackable if nothing happens when they don't get there? they said oh, they usually get there, it just doesn't register. just means they didn't sign for it or the delivery person screwed up. i was like was there ANYTHING accomplished by my paying extra to send them this way? basically no...

M2

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2004, 05:05:01 PM »
prolly just regular mail from my office. when i did grad schools apps i sent them registered so i could see when they arrived. when i tried to track them, one appeared to not have. i called the post office and they said oh, well, nothing we can do. i said why did i pay extra money to make these trackable if nothing happens when they don't get there? they said oh, they usually get there, it just doesn't register. just means they didn't sign for it or the delivery person screwed up. i was like was there ANYTHING accomplished by my paying extra to send them this way? basically no...

I don't trust the NYC post office because they lost a package once for 3 months... and a postcard for 6 weeks.

I will probably send each app express mail so at least I know it will be there the next day.
Although it sux to have to add an extra 12$ to each application...

lexylit

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2004, 05:23:15 PM »
do all schools send you a postcard when they get your app, or just some?

maybe i'll include a self-addressed stamped postcard in all my apps that they can just pop back in the mail to me. i'm not afraid of losing anything in the mail b/c it's all supereasy to print and send again if it doesn't get there...