Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Notre Dame Provisional List - Fall 2007  (Read 3954 times)

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
Re: Notre Dame Provisional List - Fall 2007
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 02:22:40 PM »
thank you ND for being too lazy to include a continued interest form in the waitlist letter.  I think I'll just fire off a "withdraw" email instead.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

CougMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 02:35:12 PM »
Anyone have any more information about this Provisional list?
And those that deferred from last year to this year, were they high lsat/gpa types or lower # folks?

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 09:05:09 PM »
The letter that came with it says they expect to accept between 20 and 50 people off the provisional list.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

Data

• Sr. Citizen
  • They call me Data.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 11:14:04 PM »
And those that deferred from last year to this year, were they high lsat/gpa types or lower # folks?

I heard from a successfully admitted waitlister that they use a grouping method- placing those that are elgible in a lineup of sorts with like individuals that have similar ECs, scores, ethnicities, etc. 

Then as the admitted students that were admitted for certain characteristics begin to withdraw or decide to go somewhere else, the waitlisters are then taken from the group that most closely resembles the student who withdrew.   
Yale 2010

CougMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2007, 08:24:33 AM »

I heard from a successfully admitted waitlister that they use a grouping method- placing those that are elgible in a lineup of sorts with like individuals that have similar ECs, scores, ethnicities, etc. 

Then as the admitted students that were admitted for certain characteristics begin to withdraw or decide to go somewhere else, the waitlisters are then taken from the group that most closely resembles the student who withdrew.   

Thats interesting...
Well white folks with average scores, and mediocre ECS lets start withdrawing. :)

prelaw200

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2007, 09:38:23 AM »
I received the provisional list letter.  White male, LSAT > 75%, GPA > median.
Me Go Cornell

whoneedsanABA

• Sr. Citizen
  • praise the basketball gods!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 02:52:16 PM »
just recieved the letter today. sending out the CLI tomorrow.

it may come down to fordham v. hastings...

katrines

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 05:54:44 PM »
I'm on it. Sigh.

SilentSwirl

• Sr. Citizen
  • Summer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2007, 09:11:08 PM »
I'm on it, too, as of today. I never thought I'd be pretty excited about a Waitlist, but this definitely beats a rejection!   I am right at 25% LSAT, < 25% GPA -- which makes me definitely excited if I actually get off this thing.

One thing that concerns me: LSN shows 90 people accepted, 87 (87!!!) people Waitlisted.

Is there really any hope for getting off this thing?

katrines

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2007, 09:59:10 PM »
I'm on it, too, as of today. I never thought I'd be pretty excited about a Waitlist, but this definitely beats a rejection!   I am right at 25% LSAT, < 25% GPA -- which makes me definitely excited if I actually get off this thing.

One thing that concerns me: LSN shows 90 people accepted, 87 (87!!!) people Waitlisted.

Is there really any hope for getting off this thing?

Doesn't seem likely, since the letter said less than 50 or so would. That's a helluva long waitlist, especially when you consider that there's no way LSN has all of us.