Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: On Notre Dame Provisional List  (Read 1982 times)

Data

• Sr. Citizen
  • They call me Data.
    • View Profile
On Notre Dame Provisional List
« on: January 06, 2007, 07:10:21 PM »
Got the letter in the mail today (it was dated January 4th).  It said it welcomed new correspondence of interest and that they further fully intend to admit people from the list.  Right now kind of bummed.  Anyone successfully get off the waitlist, and is Notre Dame known for admitting a bunch of people from the list or is it like Cornell's waitlist where it's basically like a rejection? 
Yale 2010

Data

• Sr. Citizen
  • They call me Data.
    • View Profile
Re: On Notre Dame Provisional List
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2007, 07:19:33 PM »
So it is a waitlist?

You know I'm not even sure.  I know it can't be a deferral because its not associated with Early decision or anything right?
Yale 2010

silentlaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Selftar for new schoolmates!
    • View Profile
    • WUSTL class of '10
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 08:09:40 PM »
I'm on it too...sounds like a waitlist to me. Decisions coming "late spring, early summer"...suck.
You can find mey/in St. Lou-ay/where the gun play/rain all day. Nellyville, USA

WUSTL '10

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 08:21:49 PM »
I don't know if this helps or not, but I know someone who got off the ND waitlist (I believe it was in either May or June) 2 years ago with a 165/2.9-3.0 (can't remember the exact GPA).  Said applicant told me they were ask to provide additional information, applicant emailed them a 1 page continued letter of interest, and 2 days later they were offered a spot in the class.  She's now a 2L and on one of ND's journals.  I got to visit her in July of last year, and she said she's happy with her decision to attend.

(. . .for what it's worth)

Good luck!
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

Data

• Sr. Citizen
  • They call me Data.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 06:31:29 AM »
I don't know if this helps or not, but I know someone who got off the ND waitlist (I believe it was in either May or June) 2 years ago with a 165/2.9-3.0 (can't remember the exact GPA).  Said applicant told me they were ask to provide additional information, applicant emailed them a 1 page continued letter of interest, and 2 days later they were offered a spot in the class.  She's now a 2L and on one of ND's journals.  I got to visit her in July of last year, and she said she's happy with her decision to attend.

(. . .for what it's worth)

Good luck!

Thanks for that Matokah!  You should write an inspirational self help book- cuz I definitely feel better.  ;)
Yale 2010

Matokah

• Sr. Citizen
  • Ice? In Sacramento? Hmm. . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 03:51:09 PM »
Not a problem.  I think I'll have to postpone the inspirational book until I have a story of my very own to share (like getting in UCLA/Boalt/Michigan with an LSAT under 160  ;D).  Until then, I'll just try to dispense all the info I have to make other people feel better.

Remember this when I start getting the "thanks, but no thanks" letters and need consoling. ;)
University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law 2010!!

(LSN)

Data

• Sr. Citizen
  • They call me Data.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 08:24:59 AM »
I'm on it too...sounds like a waitlist to me. Decisions coming "late spring, early summer"...suck.

Hey Silentlaw!  I was so engrossed in Matokah's great ability to empathize, that I missed your comment.  Yeah I'm pretty much at a loss for what to do - but have heard good things about ND actually taking people off of the list and admitting them.  Don't forget to submit continued interest letters though!
Yale 2010

Data

• Sr. Citizen
  • They call me Data.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 08:43:13 AM »
Not a problem.  I think I'll have to postpone the inspirational book until I have a story of my very own to share (like getting in UCLA/Boalt/Michigan with an LSAT under 160  ;D).  Until then, I'll just try to dispense all the info I have to make other people feel better.

Remember this when I start getting the "thanks, but no thanks" letters and need consoling. ;)

I don't think you'll get many thanks but no thanks notes, but I'll have a ready shoulder at all times!
Yale 2010

silentlaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Selftar for new schoolmates!
    • View Profile
    • WUSTL class of '10
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2007, 02:29:16 PM »
Notre Dame just seems to really be in a pickle because of all the deferrals from last year...they are being WAY more stubborn with admissions decsions than any time in the past. Plus, now that I've got money from UIUC, which is equal and WAY cheaper than ND in my book, I don't think there's any reason to keep worrying about it. I'm glad the news for both school came on the same day.
You can find mey/in St. Lou-ay/where the gun play/rain all day. Nellyville, USA

WUSTL '10

queencruella

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2007, 02:46:23 PM »
Notre Dame just seems to really be in a pickle because of all the deferrals from last year...they are being WAY more stubborn with admissions decsions than any time in the past. Plus, now that I've got money from UIUC, which is equal and WAY cheaper than ND in my book, I don't think there's any reason to keep worrying about it. I'm glad the news for both school came on the same day.

Congrats on UIUC. I think last year was highly unusual because ND accepted something like 300 more people than it usually does. I'm betting the waitlist this year will be just as big as last year's, but even with the waitlist more people should get off.