Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Logic Games Ultimate Setups Guide  (Read 2562 times)

CaliToD.C.

Logic Games Ultimate Setups Guide
« on: September 06, 2004, 02:04:20 AM »
 I've finished the entire Games Bible and the result is that I've become pretty good at games. The problem is that it takes me really long to get my ititial setup and in turn I spend too much time on each game. I am considering buying the Ultimate Setups Guide so I can develop more skill in diagramming my master setups. Has this particular book helped anyone else in this area? I'd really appreciate to hear what your experience was.

Casper

• Sr. Citizen
  • Casper, the friendly Ghost.
    • View Profile
    • DANY
Re: Logic Games Ultimate Setups Guide
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 02:23:40 AM »
Yeah, I have the book and pdf also.  You need all the preptests since it's not included in the book.  I'm comparing my initial setup with the ones provided by the book.  I'm still a little bit confused on grouping, and other advanced games.  But I've got basic linear down.  My setup for others are still a little bit off.  It's kind of hard, since I'm teaching myself material based on the book.

Plus the book doesnt provide you with explainations for all of the questions.  They only provide setup diagram, a brief explanation about the game, and address 1 or 2 complicated questions in each game.  Worth getting, if you want to ace the LG section.     
Drawing dead, serving 25 to life.

BGOM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 02:36:03 AM »
I agree with sparky and believe the ultimate setups guide was helpful in my case as well. I had the same problem after reading the games bible - got all the questions correct but spent 5 minutes setting the game up according to their specs. I used the setups guide to check my work while completing the games in the next 10 lsats. I found my times steadily decreased without sacrificing accuracy. It also helped me to identify some missed inferences on early tests that I caught in similar situations on later tests. Cannot honestly say that I am sure I would not have progressed as quickly without the guide, but for $10 (bought from a friend) it was nice to have a way to check my work. Scored 170 on June test.

Casper

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • DANY
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 02:38:48 AM »
Damn.  What did you use for help in RC section?  I'm desperate for help with RC. 

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2004, 02:48:36 AM »

BGOM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2004, 03:17:08 AM »
Damn.  What did you use for help in RC section?  I'm desperate for help with RC. 
    I did not use any book for the RC section but did find it helpful to write a quick paraphrase next to each paragraph when taking tests. I have not personally used it, but have heard good things about using Kaplan's LSAT 180 for the RC section. Wish I could be more help.

!@#$%

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2004, 09:50:00 AM »
Yes, the Kaplan LSAT 180 book is good for help with RC.  It talks you through some of the more dense scientific and philosophical passages.  That is the only plug I will give for Kaplan, though. 

Thumbellina

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2004, 10:35:49 AM »
I used Kaplan 180 for RC and honestly, I didn't find it helpful at all.  As for Logic games there are limited types and once you I.D. the main types you can use the same setup over and over.  It's quick and easy.  If you get to a game that defies convention think about the natural set up.  For example I came across a rafting question, so I set up my graph like a raft using an X pattern.  It seemed logical and the question got really easy after that.  Basically find a few setups you're comfortable with and just keep using them.
3.77/161
In: Miami, Hofstra ($20k a year), Wayne State, Michigan State, Detroit Mercy, Cooley (85% scholarship)

Casper

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • DANY
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2004, 10:49:28 AM »
Yeah, I have the regular Kaplan Lsat book.  I didnt think it was that helpful with the RC section. 

azeezhussain

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 08:11:15 AM »
Yeah, I have the book and pdf also.  You need all the preptests since it's not included in the book.  I'm comparing my initial setup with the ones provided by the book.  I'm still a little bit confused on grouping, and other advanced games.  But I've got basic linear down.  My setup for others are still a little bit off.  It's kind of hard, since I'm teaching myself material based on the book.

Plus the book doesnt provide you with explainations for all of the questions.  They only provide setup diagram, a brief explanation about the game, and address 1 or 2 complicated questions in each game.  Worth getting, if you want to ace the LG section.   
hello,can u pls send me the pdf (if possible ) to azeez.hussain@yahoo.com ,i am a student and i need the LSAT logic games ultimate setup also LSAT kaplan 180 for RC,it would be really helpful if u can send me .....